Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Majesty Owners - Any issues yet with the black pearl plated hardware?

Hi there- best to call or email the MM customer service folks and they can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoulder View Post
    So this begs the question... if this plating is just going to wear away with use, why would CS replace the hardware? It seems like a battle that can't be won.

I do find it curious that the standard chrome hardware on my 5 year old BFR JP model still looks brand new with many hours of playing time. Is this why the new Majesty models coming out later this year will have standard chrome hardware instead?
    My replacement plate wore off just as the original did. I haven't sent it back as it will likely happen again. I'm hoping they find a solution at some point, however.
    2007 BFR JP6 Bahama Blueburst
    2008 BFR JP6 Koa Tobacco Burst
    2014 Majesty Arctic Dream

Can't really help with this query however let me try and put this into perspective.

I bought a Black Les Paul in 1974 (still have it 41 years later!). It has/had gold plated hardware.

The gold plating on the bridge wore off in no time at all - looks great after 41 years ha!

Even the machine heads wore out (the cogs literally wore down) - that guitar was played hard and earned it's keep and was the only guitar I had.

So electro plating? - it's a covering thats just a few microns thick and will wear in places of friction.
    If you want your guitar to look 100% unused in 41 years time, then don't use it lol.
    - however if you feel that there's an issue that under warranty, needs to be brought to EB's attention, then contact CS for a second time.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

Majesty hardware

My bridge plate wore off where my palm sits within a week of getting the guitar. EBMM sent me a new plate, but I've now noticed that the plating on the three volume controls is very uneven. I never use the tone control and rarely need to touch the piezo, so it was just a poor production effort, rather than wear. Try turning the controls and comparing the finish on all side.

Given the satin finish of the guitar I'd be suggesting a flat black finish or satin chrome/titanium look for the next edition as this plating is obviously a problem.

The Majesty is still the best guitar I've ever played though. Cheers.
    Majesty 6
    Parker Maxxfly 7
    Parker Nitefly
    Ibanez UV777

This thread was started a few months ago, but I wanted to report the same problem with my Majesty bridge cover and knobs. To resolve the issue, CS sent a replacement cover and knobs.

Stealth black knobs and bridge cover would look sweet, anyway to just order a majesty with those and avoid this "issue" ?
    EBMM JPXI 6 w/ Rosewood Neck
    EBMM Arctic Dream Majesty 6
    Jackson Juggernaut HT7 Matte Blue Frost
    Axe FX II and Atomic CLR
    EBMM JPXI 7 (Stolen http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...y-area-fl.html)

Mine has started to wear also where my palm rests. It's no big deal to me guitars get wear it happens there ment to be played

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY BRIDGE AND THE BLACK FINISHING,IS SCRATCH EVERYWERE ,HAVE ONLY 6 MONTHS .
    I PLAYED ONLY IN MY HOUSE,NEVER GO OUTSIDE...UNBELIEVEBLE...CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME,BECAUSE I AM VERY SAD ABOUT THIS.
    I HAVE ANOTHER MAJESTY 7TH STRINGS ARTIC DREAM BUT ITS ALLL RIGHT,IS ONLY MY MAJESTY POLAR NOIR 6TH STRINGS.

/Users/marianobrascich/Desktop/IMG_0555.JPG

Give the customer service folks a call. Link is in my signature.

I had the same issue. I got my Majesty 7 Siberian sapphire, and the black chrome wore off within a week. I just dealt with it until I realized that there was a spot that looked more and more awful. It looked like oil from my palm, so to try and fix the issue, I tried every guitar cleaner I own and the spot wouldn't get better. In desperation, I grabbed an SOS pad to try and clean the palm-print off. As you probably already know -- DO NOT do this. This scratched the bridge cover beyond repair. I learned a lesson the hard and stupid way. Luckily, I called CS and was upfront about my stupidity, and they agreed to send me a new one. I plan on keeping the ugly one on until I absolutely want the fresh and new look again. I still haven't recieved shipping confirmation, but it's only been about a week. I assume they will ship the new bridge cover soon.

If I purchased a Majesty second hand but in mint condition, then lately the black chrome finish is coming off the trem cover. Will customer service send me out a new trem cover?

It's not technically covered by the warranty. But you should get in touch with customer service and ask them.

Has anyone replaced the trem cover? Handy emough or difficult?

Just got my first music man guitar tonight! A majesty. This is my bridge after a couple hours playing it.

It's not "Black Pearl Hardware", but:

My regular Majesty 6 Siberian Sapphire purchased July 2014... (Black Pearl Hardware)Bridge looks still brand new.
    Artisan Majesty 7 Viola purchased July 2016... (Gold Hardware)Bridge starts to fade and gold becomes white/silver-ish...

Majesty Owners - Any issues yet with the black pearl plated hardware?-image-jpg
    Last edited by Guitaryojedi; 08-01-2016 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Adding image
    Musicman Monarchy Majesty 7 "Imperial Blue" on order
    Musicman Artisan Majesty 7 "Viola"
    Musicman JP-6 2014 PDN "Neptune"
    Musicman JPX-6 "Barolo"
    Musicman JP-6 "BFR" GC 46th Anniversary "Bahama Blue" #43/50
    Musicman JP-7 "Mystic Dream" (1 of First 100 Hand Signed)
    Ibanez JPM 90HAM
    Ibanez JPM-100 P1