Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Majesty Owners - Any issues yet with the black pearl plated hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by jgmeadowlands View Post
    If I purchased a Majesty second hand but in mint condition, then lately the black chrome finish is coming off the trem cover. Will customer service send me out a new trem cover?
    A little late I realize, but I can at least confirm, for me, it was a no go. I TRIED to buy a new one in town... Drove 45 minutes to the local big box, the only one not over an hour away, and left massively frustrated. (The only majesty they had had a broken string and was set up like CRAP. Had I not known it was most likely just the way they had it poorly set up, I'd had left thinking "that guitar sucked and was not worth 3k...".

Long story short, I caught a deal on a mint condition, never played used one, 6 months later the hardware is SHOT. Totally faded and corroded looking like the other posters. But for me, second hand meant no warranty coverage. I have the option to buy the parts if I choose, but that's the extent of what CS will do. I understand the "rules", but it would have been nice had they stood behind the product. This may sway my decision to buy more of these for the road. Gonna sleep on it and make a decision. Not a terribly happy camper. (And it's a shame because I DO, for the most part, like the guitar.)

I've had my Majesty 7 string for about a year and a half now. I've played the crap out of it during that time. My trem cover also faded as have some places on the knobs, etc. I'm really anal about my equipment but in this case I think those wore spots are what makes it "mine". It gives it character from my playing it so much. While I take very good care of my gear I didn't spend that much on a guitar to let it sit. I understand that some are frustrated that it wore off quickly but, I actually kinda show mine off as "battle scars" haha! I just think it adds to the cool factor. This is just my point of view though.
    Guitars: Majesty 7, JP6 Carbon Blue Pearl, JP6 original Bluedawn, OLP MM1 signed by Dream Theater, others

Amp: Blackstar ID: Core260

Sorry, if this is an old topic, but I just want to update...

Purchased Artisan Majesty 7 "Viola" back in June 2016.
    After 2 months of use, bridge cover's gold plating started to fade.

Musicman CS was kind enough to send me a FREE replacement bridge cover.
    I kept my original bridge cover for a while to see how bad it goes.
    It got worse and worse, and finally decided to replace it with a new one, and that was 2 weeks ago.(Early April, 2017)
    I was also told to "WIPE" clean around bridge area after every use, and I did it for last 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I noticed that my guitar has the same problem again...
    CS told me that another replacement bridge cover will be purchased for $60~$70.
    But I assume this will happen again.

So I decided to stick with it...

Oh well, it's still the best guitar I have ever played for sure.
    Musicman Monarchy Majesty 7 "Imperial Blue" on order
    Musicman Artisan Majesty 7 "Viola"
    Musicman JP-6 2014 PDN "Neptune"
    Musicman JPX-6 "Barolo"
    Musicman JP-6 "BFR" GC 46th Anniversary "Bahama Blue" #43/50
    Musicman JP-7 "Mystic Dream" (1 of First 100 Hand Signed)
    Ibanez JPM 90HAM
    Ibanez JPM-100 P1

Serious inquiry:

Does anyone know if a gentle polishing compound can be used to purposely remove all of the black or gold plating to leave the bridge parts a uniform polished chrome color?

If a palm resting on the bridge is taking finish off, I would think that it could all be taken off with the right supplies.

I would be perfectly happy to have an all chrome look and never have to worry about this issue again.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Serious inquiry:

Does anyone know if a gentle polishing compound can be used to purposely remove all of the black or gold plating to leave the bridge parts a uniform polished chrome color?

If a palm resting on the bridge is taking finish off, I would think that it could all be taken off with the right supplies.

I would be perfectly happy to have an all chrome look and never have to worry about this issue again.
    I think if you just use a cloth and buff it will just buff away the finish. Once my started to fade I thought it was dirty from my hand so I buffed it "clean". It wasnt my intention but it's fine by me
    EBMM JP XI onyx
    EBMM MAJESTY Polar Noir
    Mesa Boogie Mark V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Beerandbeards View Post
    I think if you just use a cloth and buff it will just buff away the finish. Once my started to fade I thought it was dirty from my hand so I buffed it "clean". It wasnt my intention but it's fine by me
    Beerandbeards,

If I understand correctly, you were able to remove the black chrome finish by buffing with a cloth and leave just a chrome finish.

Can I assume that the end result looks similar to the chrome hardware on your JP XI?

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Beerandbeards,

If I understand correctly, you were able to remove the black chrome finish by buffing with a cloth and leave just a chrome finish.

Can I assume that the end result looks similar to the chrome hardware on your JP XI?
    I did it to my Majesty. Mine was fading extensively. Let me take a picture. The top of the bridge is chrome but you see the "finish beneath the saddles
    Last edited by Beerandbeards; 04-16-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    EBMM JP XI onyx
    EBMM MAJESTY Polar Noir

EBMM JP XI onyx
    EBMM MAJESTY Polar Noir

Hard to photograph
    EBMM JP XI onyx
    EBMM MAJESTY Polar Noir

EBMM JP XI onyx
    EBMM MAJESTY Polar Noir

Beerandbeards, thanks for going above and beyond! That looks good!

this is my original bridge cover. it got this worse.
    it becomes almost white...

I used to have a cheap guitar with gold hardware, but never experienced this though.
    Majesty Owners - Any issues yet with the black pearl plated hardware?-ebbridge_original-jpg
    Last edited by Guitaryojedi; 04-16-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Musicman JPX-6 "Barolo"
    Ibanez JPM 90HAM
    Ibanez JPM-100 P1

There's a lot of black hardware out there and the finish doesn't simply rub off. I have a purple sparkle Majesty on order. It's going to look pretty silly to have a half silver/half black bridge after a new months of use. It doesn't bode well for the company and my decision to buy these instruments when others see this new guitar to find the finish disappearing off the metal parts.

Get it fixed.

Took another picture under natural light. (looks really bad)
    I am considering to ask my local metal plating service to re-coating my bridge cover

Majesty Owners - Any issues yet with the black pearl plated hardware?-img_7610-jpg
    Musicman JPX-6 "Barolo"
    Ibanez JPM 90HAM
    Ibanez JPM-100 P1