Ultra Burly

Thread: New to the forum - New EBMM Majesty owner.

User Info Menu

New to the forum - New EBMM Majesty owner.

Hi everybody.

So, I just wanted to just post this about the EBMM Majesty. I just have to say "Wow!"

Being a long time player of Gibson's, followed by a few years of playing exclusively EVH gear. I picked up a Majesty about 2 weeks ago.

First off, I have to say.. When I first saw the advertisement, I wasn't sure what to think about it... It is a very unique design, and I can see why people might kind of tilt their head and get a little confused.. and then the more I saw them, the more I started to like them - until I finally just pulled the trigger on it, and I ordered one from Sweetwater.

I got it, and hands down the best guitar I've ever played in my life. The neck is the absolute most comfortable neck, it has all the bells and whistles and features a person could need... sounds good through both of my amps (5150 IIIS and Mesa Mark 25) - was setup beautifully out of the box, craftsmanship is top notch, I cannot say enough good things about it. I'm not a huge Dream Theatre fan (i like them, but they're not my favorite) but I respect John Petrucci for his ability, and his input on putting such a fine instrument together.

I'm pretty new to the Ernie Ball family, but I look forward to exploring into other guitars. I'm eyeing a tangerine JP6 next.

I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you guys, but I wanted to come sing praises anyways!

Thanks!
    Last edited by CodenameSpivey; 01-04-2015 at 06:53 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm a Cert. Luthier and have handled many Ernie Ball basses and guitars....

I have to agree with you, I've never touched one that wasn't top notch craftsmanship and setup rather well!!

I'm new to the forum as well...

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forums and congratz on owning a Majesty!

This would also be something of a New Guitar Day (NGD) post. That means we need pics!!
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

User Info Menu

I'm curious about what EVH gear you were using before and if it let you down. And especially how the pickups compare between the majesty and the evh. Some people don't like the pickups on the majesty too much or the evhs.

User Info Menu

Great guitar. Your love for it will grow!
    Local257, 1963

JP 15
    Peerless MT Maestro
    Majesty
    Parker Mojo
    Parker Delux
    Tele
    Ibanez GB10
    Gretch CG
    Ibanez BTB675
    MM RP112
    Quilter Amps

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rdg1 View Post
    I'm curious about what EVH gear you were using before and if it let you down. And especially how the pickups compare between the majesty and the evh. Some people don't like the pickups on the majesty too much or the evhs.
    I bounce between USA Wolfgangs and Customs (The EVH Les Paul style) haven't messed much with the offshore models. I also prefer the hard tails to the floyds... I love the EVH Wolfgang pups, I put one in a gutted 76'' LP Custom, and used the FU-Tone PMS gadget.. and it woke the guitar up majorly... I found the EVH pickups don't like all my amps though, I never liked my Wolfgangs through any of the Mesa Mark series amps... no real particular reason, but I was never 100% happy with it.

User Info Menu

Welcome!!
    Congrats!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Congrats on your Majesty! What finish did you choose? I've been wanting a Majesty since they first came out but a few months ago it seemed everyone had them on backorder and I was impatient and bought a JP13 instead. I don't regret one bit getting a JP13, the guitar is a BEAST, but I still want a Majesty badly! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the majesty! Rules here are to post pics. Waiting...
    Feels good being a Premier Dealer. I can own more Balls this way.
    glorydaysrockshop.com
    facebook.com/glorydaysrockshop
    http://stores.ebay.com/Glory-Days-Rock-Shop

JPX 7 Black Sugar w/Roasted Neck
    Luke BFR Neptune Blue
    Axis Tribute Pink

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benji Peterson View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the majesty! Rules here are to post pics. Waiting...
    Wouldn't want to break the rules!

I'll take some better ones when I get home.

New to the forum - New EBMM Majesty owner.-10419458_10152616982641728_7243398025358320028_n-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to the forum - New EBMM Majesty owner.-img_0236-jpg  
    Last edited by CodenameSpivey; 01-05-2015 at 07:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the Addiction! Got the itch for a new one....not sure yet on what I want though. Really leaning towards an AL SSS in white. Nice Majesty CodenameSpivey.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CodenameSpivey View Post
    Wouldn't want to break the rules!

I'll take some better ones when I get home.

New to the forum - New EBMM Majesty owner.-10419458_10152616982641728_7243398025358320028_n-jpg
    Beautiful, I think Glacial Frost is my favorite Majesty finish other than the Arctic Dream! Very Nice!!!

I like the new finishes for the Majesty for 2015 too!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!

As an evh fan, you really should try an Albert Lee H-H, which has the same pickups as the evh/axis. The Albert's neck feels very similar to the Axis's neck. They come with an all rosewood neck, which feels amazing.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

As an evh fan, you really should try an Albert Lee H-H, which has the same pickups as the evh/axis. The Albert's neck feels very similar to the Axis's neck. They come with an all rosewood neck, which feels amazing.
    Warning: they are addictive...

Balls are Best!!