2020 StingRay Special colors
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyones fav amp?

User Info Menu

Whats everyones fav amp?

????

User Info Menu

I swear by my little Marshall JVM Anniversary 1 Watt. Its the perfect little "bedroom" amp and is pretty good at everything from clean to extremely high gain. Love it. From a pure tone perspective, I prefer the Mark V, buts its too much amp for home use, even at 25 watts.

User Info Menu

A buddy of mine has a Marshall JTM-1H Offset 50th Anniversary 1 Watt head and cab which is oustandingly gorgeous but there is something about a blackface Princeton Reverb for clean tones that I'd tend to want in every amp I play. Might just be my next amp purchase. But my new little Yamaha THR5 (my Christmas/engagement present) is killing me with tones I wish I could get from bigger amps. Makes me grin like a fool!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

I have a mark iv and royal atlantic, but my friend got a mark V 25 and i gotta say it's the shiz..............
    '15 JP15 BBB | '14 PDN JP6 | '10 JP6 Mystic Dream | '13 JP70 (w/CL/LF)
    '13 LP Traditional | '13 EPi LP | '10 LP Classic | 89' LP Std
    '16 Amer Strat HSS
    Mark IV | RA-100 | (2) 2x12 Recto Slant
    Dunlop Limited Wah | EBMM Volume
    GCP/GCX | EVH Phase & Flange | Dreamscape | Archer | Nova Drive | G-Major 2

User Info Menu

Quilter Tone Block 200 (Quilter Amps)

Powerful, feather light, maintenance free, cheap, and it sounds good !
    Perfect platform if you sculpt your sound with pedals.

User Info Menu

Yamaha THR5 is a cool little amp!

So my main rig is with a Mark V, and it is epic.

But... my favorite amp is still the Mesa Boogie Roadster. So many tones.... SO many tones! It is just endless... lush, shimmering, serene... and brutal, if needed. I love that amp. The mark V is more "pro-tone" vs "home-tone", but for home use (and gigging/recording), the Roadster is just amazing. My next amp will be a Road King, just to take the Roadster to another level.

DrKev--- not intending to be political here, but hope you and all of the other forumites are staying safe over there. Watching this on the news is horrifying.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
    DrKev--- not intending to be political here, but hope you are staying safe over there. Watching this on the news is horrifying.
    My office is 500 m away from the Porte de Vincennes (we cannot go out). I just heard some explosions.

User Info Menu

This....

JP6 Mystic Dream DOB: 6/24/08
    BFR JP7 Dargie Delight DOB: 5/17/10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fbecir View Post
    My office is 500 m away from the Porte de Vincennes (we cannot go out). I just heard some explosions.
    reports here are they got the two brothers and freed the grocery store. Nice work to the hostage rescue teams in what looks like a perfectly timed assault. So far, no reports on hostage injuries/fatalities.

Stay safe over there.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

THD Flexi-50
    @end, love_take = love_make
    Now playing: Silhouette 20th Anniversary, hardtail, rosewood, non-match, 10s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
    DrKev--- not intending to be political here, but hope you and all of the other forumites are staying safe over there. Watching this on the news is horrifying.
    DrKev - what QS said - you're in our thoughts and prayers...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

What else?

Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Wow!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. We're all safe here, shocked yes, a little less relaxed, but safe. In many respects the media coverage bears no relation to what is happening in most of the city. I think we all have a friends who were close to somebody badly affected, but it's pretty much business as usual for most people and even for those (like François) affected being close to the current events, there will be a interesting story to tell over a meal and a few verres du vin.

Back to our favourite amps please.
    Last edited by DrKev; 01-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

User Info Menu

Yo, Spud, is that 112 RD Fifty a new one?