Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Fake JP6?

User Info Menu

Fake JP6?

There's a JP6 for sale over here which seems very strange to me. The JP signature doesn't look quite right. The music man logo is a bit crooked and so is the writing on the back of the headstock. What's your take on this? The seller is selling it as a genuine JP6 without mods.
    Fake JP6?-toyg1ircpbl0s-1-jpgFake JP6?-y76gbot5k1pq3-jpgFake JP6?-ztbe40sw1mpac-jpg

User Info Menu

Hi Jeong,
    welcome to the forums. That does not seem like a fake one to me.
    If I remeber correctly, the first 50 or so Petruccis were signed by John himself and that seems to be one of them. If You want to make sure, try to get the serial number from the seller and post it in the serial-number-thread on top of the page.

Cheers ,
    Mikey

Here's the link:
    http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...my-guitar.html
    EBMM Luke II '05 luke blue
    EBMM Luke II '06 radiance red mh
    EBMM Rosewood ASS HH '05 trem piezo
    EBMM JP 6 '09 olive gold fully loaded
    EBMM JPXI '11 onyx
    EBMM Silhouette '13 emerald green sparkle
    EBMM Luke III BFR '15 HSS blueberry burst flame
    I have been Luked!

User Info Menu

Get the serial number, post it in the serial number thread and see if it's legit or not.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Looks legit to me, it could possibly be one of the first 50. After you validate the authenticity, go grab that one!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help everyone! I asked him for the serial number. The first 50 sounds pretty rare. Do you think they could be worth anything? I'm pretty short on funds this month, buying that guitar would mean i would have to sell my current blue pearl piezoless JP6. Do you think it could be worth it?

User Info Menu

from Fake to Rake (it in)

Not bad
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

I also think it looks legit. I cannot comment on the signature as it looks a little off to me, however signing the small area of the headstock probably would alter his signature a bit. The neck and body look legit to me, the classic "birds-eye" pattern on the back of the neck looks exactly like my early production JP6. As far as the Writing on the back, it looks just like my early JP6. The MusicMan Trem, the tuners, and inlays look really good to me in the pics. If it is a fake, someone did a darn good job of it and it appears in the pics that they used genuine MM parts. The feature that makes me believe it is the real deal is the back of the neck - it looks very good and genuine. If you can validate the authenticity as the others have suggested, then grab it! If it is in fact legit I think it would be something you should really think about. If authentic, it could be one of the first 50, it has the Piezo pickup, and the gorgeous Mystic Dream finish.
    Last edited by TheGame; 01-22-2015 at 07:54 PM.

User Info Menu

That looks like one of the first batch which were hand signed. As mentioned above, post the serial number in the tacked thread, the build date should be around June 15, 2001 if I remember correctly.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

No way that's a fake - get it!!!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112: