Mega Primo Mammoth

Thread: Noise issues on my 1998 Silhouette Special HSS

User Info Menu

Noise problem on my 1998 Silhouette Special HSS

Hi all, this is my second post on this forum! so far i've been enjoying my Silo Special, it's by far the easiest playing guitar i've ever had. I bought this guitar used a few months ago.

But here's the problem that really frustrated me.. The neck pickup (coil 4 + Silent Circuit and coils 3 + 4) on my Silo Spec is very noisy even when the Silent Circuit is activated using a battery. It's very noisy in comparison to my other guitars (I am connecting my guitars to a Blackstar HT-1).

I changed the neck pickup to a hum-cancelling single coil.. still not helping.

It gets quiet when I touch the strings or touch any metal parts, but i double checked the wiring, grounding, etc. and it seemed fine.

Any help will be very much appreciated!
    Last edited by Chalid; 04-02-2015 at 08:06 PM.

User Info Menu

I would contact Customer Service. They can best help you out with that.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

Roll up a piece of fine sandpaper. Stick the roll into the output jack. Sand the barrel of the jack. Corrosion will do this.
    7/29/04 EBMM Sub1 X11376 oil/wax neck, gloss black body, faux binding, HSS w/5 way and silent circuit
    keep in mind that you are talking about four pieces of wood two pots one switch a trem along with springs two pickups and some wire.....BP

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I'll check back in soon.

Anyways, where did my original thread post go?

User Info Menu

It's back. Because you have low posts, your thread was moderated (due to links/images). When you edit your earlier post, it goes back to moderated status, requiring one of us to review it.

User Info Menu

Hi Chalid,

If you search for my name there is a post about something V similar on 11-12-2014. (Sorry not sure how to do a link).
    There are a number of good possible issues.

Mine turned out to be a couple of 'dry' joints on the switch and the tech, one I had never used before and never will again,
    which put the last switch in wired it wrong.

I spotted the wiring mistake easily but the solder was harder. Ended up just re-soldering everything.
    EBMM SS Autumn Sparkle
    EBMM SS Buttercream
    EBMM Silhouette VB
    EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream
    EBMM JP6 Envy Green
    EBMM JP7 Red Pearl Burst
    EBMM Stingray