New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: Luke II Fret Size?

User Info Menu

Luke II Fret Size?

I did a search on the forum but didn't find any answers to the specific size. Is the fret size on a Luke more like 6230 or 6130? Or something different from those? I'm considering stainless steel frets for my Luke and I also have another guitar that I'd like to try to modify a bit to try to get as close to the feel of my Luke as possible.
    Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
    2014 Morse Standard-Blueburst
    2005 Luke - Carbon Blue Pearl

User Info Menu

I don't know the actual size, but I believe they are a much smaller wire than on the Axis type guitars. More vintage Fender than Gibson jumbo.
    Red Axis Hardtail
    Sunburst Axis Hardtail with Rosewood fingerboard
    Green Sparkly Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    Purple EVH Hardtail
    Coral Red Albert Lee HH Hardtail
    Zoom G5n
    Pie

https://twitter.com/timcaesar

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Caesar5150

User Info Menu

If anybody has the answer to this I'd appreciate it too. I had my Luke II refretted some time back, and the new frets are quite a bit taller and a small amount wider than the original frets. I think I prefer the original ones, but I'd need to know what size/type they were originally, so I could get them replaced.
    1993 LUKE I Pearl Blue DOB: 15/12/1993
    1998 LUKE II Luke Blue DOB: 05/10/1998 Signed by Lucious
    2012 LUKE II PDN Classic Honey Burst DOB: 31/08/2012
    2013 LIII HH Bodhi Blue DOB: 17/09/2013

Fractal FC12
    Matrix GT1000FX
    Marshall 4x12 & 2x12

User Info Menu

I would really like to know this too since I'm planning on refretting with taller frets. Would be helpful to know exactly what is on the Luke II.

User Info Menu

I have same question. Frets on my Luke II are almost dead and i have to replace it. Does anyone knows height & width of them and if i replace them with dunlop frets, are we talking about : dunlop 6130, 6150 or ... ??? because these ones are low and wide. Thanks