EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get endorsed by Sterling by Music Man...?

User Info Menu

Talking How to get endorsed by Sterling by Music Man...?

Hey guys! What's up?

So that's basically it. I want to know what do I have to do to be part of the SBMM Artists?

I've been using Sterling by Music Man guitars since December 2009, I have a JP50-PRB. And I'm planning on buying 3 more models, a JP60-MGR, a JP100D-MKOA and a JP70-SBK (my first 7 string guitar ever haha)
    They are really affordable (for me) easy to play and always deliver a great sound (I'm just waiting for them to arrive in my town)

It would be an honor to be part of the Family and I think that I don't lose anything just by asking this.

Also, I'm recording my first album in a few weeks (I'm exited about it)
    And I want to know, Can I say that I proudly use SBMM guitars in it? I mean, on the Booklet?

Anyway, thanks for Reading guys. Peace. (:

User Info Menu

I think you can say whatever you like about you're gear on you're album credits.. Endorsed is about getting free guitars.. If this is you're first album I think you have some way to go..

User Info Menu

I ask this because I don't want any legal troubles about using the company's name on my album like I mentioned haha.

And I don't know who I should ask about the endorsement, that's why I posted it here. Anyway, thanks m8. (:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The wizard View Post
    I think you can say whatever you like about you're gear on you're album credits.. Endorsed is about getting free guitars.. If this is you're first album I think you have some way to go..
    Having endorsement deals is seldom about "free" stuff. There are often discounts but usually only the top tier guys get stuff for free.

User Info Menu

Try contacting forum user SBMM.
    JP6 Mystic Dream
    JP6 DD2
    JP6 BFR Walnut
    JP6 White Sparkle
    JP6 BFR Cherry Burst
    JPX6
    JP6 Olive Gold
    JP6 Blue Dawn
    JP13 Cardinal Red Sparkle
    JP6 Stealth White
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    JP6 Autumn Red
    Luke III Buttercream

User Info Menu

Thanks man, I did. (:

User Info Menu

I believe that the artist endorses the product and not the other way around.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    There are often discounts but usually only the top tier guys get stuff for free.
    That's ironic because the top tier guys are the ones who have more money to spend on guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    That's ironic because the top tier guys are the ones who have more money to spend on guitars.
    Yeah, but I'm sure that wasn't the case when the top tier guys were just starting out.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Because it's not about helping them out it's about getting the products seen in a big way...magazines, huge concerts, etc.

User Info Menu

So, no one knows exactly what it is? /:

User Info Menu

Use the contact form on their website or give them a call. I doubt that saying you use their guitars on your CD will present a problem unless you misrepresent your relationship. Becoming an endorsing artist usually starts with getting in contact with the artist relations person at the company.

Contact Welcome to the Sterling by Music Man Website

User Info Menu

Im quite unsure how to deal with Ernie Ball, but here is how ibanez does it. Im sure it has some similiarities.

First, you make music. Play live shows, get your name out there even a little bit. When you start feeling solid, and are playing well, getting some acceptance in the online world... that will all help. You must have a repertoire and be performing live shows or be extremely popular on youtube.

Second, you make an artist package. This includes photos, videos of gigs, demo reels, etc. Ibanez has a fairly strict artist package requirement. Im sure ernie ball is no different.

Third... politely wait. Check up once a week. Think of it like a job application. Dont be a pest, but dont let it sit in a pile on someones desk to never be seen again either.

If you get declined, graciously accept youre not what they are looking for at this time. Then try again in 6-12 months. Musical styles have changed enormously in the past 3 years.

User Info Menu

Meanwhile, it's a nice gesture to mention online and offline that you play Sterling MM guitars and you really like them.

User Info Menu

I do, all of my songs have been recorded with SBMM guitars. I use them in All of my videos and photo shoots. (: I really love SBMM guitars. (: What guitar model do you have? ksandvik (: