Strap Blocks

Thread: What is this case?! (& NGD)

User Info Menu

What is this case?! (& NGD)

Hey everyone!

So, my new EBMM Axis Super Sport got delivered this morning and it's absolutely fabulous! I've been a huge fan of EBMMs for years and, after selling my old hardtail Axis a while back, I was hankering for a new one. This one was at a really low price (for UK prices at least) on eBay so I went for it.

A few nicks here and there but it's exactly what I was hoping for.

Anyhoo, that's not the point of this thread. The guitar also came with what must be the coolest case I've ever seen. It's a semi-hard snakeskin kind of affair and I wondered if anyone had any details on these? I'd definitely be interested in checking them out and potentially buying a couple more!

The only marking on it is 'Talon' on the zips (the brand of zip...) and I can't find anything on Google... The guitar was shipped from Denmark if that's any help? I messaged the seller but he didn't seem to understand my question.

What is this case?! (& NGD)-2015-10-05-10-59-56-jpg

I tried to attach a bigger pic but the file was too large

Cheers

User Info Menu

wow beautiful congrats on the new guitar...
    Sterling JP60 Mystic Green
    Ernie Ball Music Man Axis

User Info Menu

Talon is a company that makes zippers - and are sold to thousands of companies, so that's no help...

Is kind of a cool looking bag - well padded or possibly hand built by somebody?

Kevin

P.S. - The guitar don't look bad either!
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Very nice blue!
    Triple check inside all the seams & pockets for a tag w/ a brand on it....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Monster212 View Post
    wow beautiful congrats on the new guitar...
    Thanks a lot! They are simply beautiful. It's about time I got an account over here, I've been lurking and learning for long enough! Need to get involved in all the EBMM goodness

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    Talon is a company that makes zippers - and are sold to thousands of companies, so that's no help...

Is kind of a cool looking bag - well padded or possibly hand built by somebody?

Kevin

P.S. - The guitar don't look bad either!
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Very nice blue!
    Triple check inside all the seams & pockets for a tag w/ a brand on it....
    I know, it ain't half bad that guitar It has barely left my hands all day! The finish is more blue in the photo than in real life, it's got that nice hint of green to it.

As for the case... Hand-built was my best guess too. It's got a padded black lining inside and some kind of backing to make it more sturdy but I can't find any labels in there...

I'll have to give it another once-over tomorrow, I've asked around in a few places today and found zero information! I'll be sure to share anything I do find with you guys! Cheers

User Info Menu

Nice Super Sport! Congrats!

If I am not mistaken, that is not the stock EBMM trem on it. Looks like an aftermarket trem?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Nice Super Sport! Congrats!

If I am not mistaken, that is not the stock EBMM trem on it. Looks like an aftermarket trem?
    Thanks a lot

Wow, good spot! Yeah, the previous owner decided to get a luthier to change the trem to a six-screw vintage strat one (which was fine by me, I'm a big vintage strat fan so it's familiar territory and it meant I could get the guitar a bit cheaper!). Strangely, he didn't have the guitar set up with the trem floating, which you'd think was the point of changing to the new bridge. It came with the original bridge too so I might even swap it back, I'm not a bit trem user anyway and those four extra holes will be covered up...

What's almost impossible to spot in the photo because of the way the colour has altered slightly, is that the knobs are new too. They're a kind of pale mint green colour and look cool with the blue finish. The original knobs were included too but are full of cracks, I'd imagine this guitar has seen a few gigs over the years!

User Info Menu

nice guitar, the jury is still out on the case

User Info Menu

haha, 'striking' is maybe a more diplomatic way of describing it

Cheers

User Info Menu

Congrats!

2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Anniversary
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Lovely Axis SS. Great colour and I love a matching headstock.
    Not keen on that case though.

Can't beat a EBMM vintage trem, so it's good you've got the original bridge, as well.

Congrats.

User Info Menu

Cool color! Congrats!
    Luke III Tumescent BFR HH (2017)
    Luke III Bodhi Blue HSS (2019)

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot guys