Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majesty Black Pearl Hardware Color Issue

User Info Menu

Angry Majesty Black Pearl Hardware Color Issue

Hi,

First, I have contacted the Support already but have not got an answer so far.
    I have received my Majesty Polar Noir about 2 Weeks ago! and have played it daily for Multiple hours as it it so much fun to play.
    Yesterday I was shocked when I inspected it as I have seen that the color of the tremolo cover is already changing. The Black Pearl finish goes off and the chrome underneath is showing up.
    I have not applied any cleaning fluids nor was I wearing anything special on my right hand.
    Now I am really scared to play it and i am clueless what to do. Should I return it to the selling company? I have waited almost 6 Months to get it....These things cost 4k Euros here and I never had such an issue even having owned dozens of guitars. I simply do not accept such imperfections after only two weeks of playing...
    I hope the Copper Fire that will arrive next week will not have such issues as it has chrome hardware.

It looks like this:
    Majesty Black Pearl Hardware Color Issue-20151011_143029-jpg
    Majesty Black Pearl Hardware Color Issue-20151011_151919-jpg
    S/N M02315

:-(

Anyone else having that issue? What should I do? Any suggestions?
    Btw. I live in Switzerland.
    Last edited by lydianb79; 10-11-2015 at 06:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi, I had the same problem with my Arctic Dream... I emailed AJ at Ernie Ball and he hooked me up. Contact him.
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2014-MAJESTY ARCTIC DREAM
    2015-JP15 BLUEBERRY BURST (#57-300)
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

Thanks! Will do so...
    What did he suggest to do? Did you send it back?
    Last edited by lydianb79; 10-11-2015 at 07:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Majesty Black Pearl Hardware Color Issue

I just sent him a copy of my Sales Receipt to confirm the Warranty Status and he mailed me the Parts. If you're a handy person it's easy to change.
    Last edited by RAIN27; 10-11-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

Thank you RAIN27, I have the sales receipt handy and that should not be a problem. As I have not opened the back covers of the Majesty so far I assume there will be a piezo cable somewhere that I really hope does not need to be re-soldered. Did you get just the tremolo block or also the saddles? I hate adjusting the intonation with the saddles.
    Did that solve your issue? No more color coming off after the replacement? Even after playing it every day?
    I have again played 2 hours today and a lot of color came off again...
    Thanks again

User Info Menu

I actually had the Tremolo Cover replaced when I sent it in for warranty service back in January... The new one faded also... So this is the second one they gave me... This time I actually left the Faded one on and have the new one put away until I get sick of looking at the old one. I guess it's an Inherent issue with the Finish...
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

That's really sad. If they could seal the finish somehow the problem would be gone. Let's see what the answer of the support is. On one hand I don't want to give it back on the other hand I will have one with chrome hardware on tuesday. I guess JP scratches the color away in 2 songs or so, the issue must be known. I mean mine was made in 2015 and the 2014 models have the same issue. This is a serious quality issue that need to be adressed as many color variations suffer from it. Seen a Majesty GF with almost all color gone, looked horrible. Thinking of something silly as hairspray to seal it - not going to do it but people start to think about stupid things when things don't work out as they should. For that price I really request a persistent solution. If that is not possible it will go back to the vendor and i have learnt my lesson....
    Thanks again RAIN27!
    Last edited by lydianb79; 10-11-2015 at 10:22 AM.

User Info Menu

I hear ya... It's like an old Les Paul with faded Gold Hardware....
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

I try to return it and get a JP15 in return (and add some bucks).
    I am not willing to make an experiment here with replacing hardware. Contacted the Vendor already......
    Looking at the St. Vincent with the same color hardware - and other Majesty models I can only pray to Musicman to be careful as it might dissapoint other customers. Unacceptable for 4k! Guitars are meant to be played....

User Info Menu

I just bought a JP15 Blueberry Burst .... Great Guitar but very different as far as sound compared to my Majesty....
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

I care about playability and the Majesty is very good. Congrats to the Blueberry Burst, looks insane, unfortunately that one is still not available here. The JP15 QM SB is - even horribly expensive - 500 bucks up. As i am only using amp simulations, results might be similar. Let's see, hope to get some sleep tonight as i am horribly frustrated....
    Thanks RAIN for the support
    Last edited by lydianb79; 10-11-2015 at 11:50 AM.

User Info Menu

As far as the JP15 BB compared to the Majesty..
    1-The JP15's neck on mine seems a little slimmer even though it's supposed to be the same 17" Radius as the Majesty
    2-The JP15 seems to have a little less sustain.. I guess it's the Snappiness of the Roasted Maple Fingerboard compared to the Ebony on the Majesty..
    Just my opinion...
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

Maybe the sustain has to do with the angled headstock? Not sure if the jp15 has one
    Last edited by lydianb79; 10-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.

User Info Menu

This issue has been discussed here a few times before.
    Bottom line is this finish is going to wear off no matter how many times you replace the parts.
    Many of us just accept that as a badge of actual "road wear". At least it's chrome underneath and really doesn't look that bad, unlike some other finishes that look nasty after they wear....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

The more it fades the better it actually looks....
    2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR