EB Tone Squad
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: JP Majesty VS Majesty Artisan

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    JP Majesty VS Majesty Artisan

    Hi. Is there someone who can tell me if the is any diference in sound between the regular JP Majesty and the Majesty artisan?

    what about the weight? is it the same?

    thank you

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    I'm not sure if very many, if any at all, are out there yet. We ordered ours for the store right away and haven't received them yet.
    Adam Eschliman


    Yandas Music is proud to be a Music Man Premier Dealer.[/COLOR]
    Visit us at-
    YandasMusic.com
    email me at - [email protected][/SIZE]

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Biggest difference would be basswood vs the african mahogany body. The Artisan pieces at NAMM felt more hefty to me than the numerous standard Majesty examples we've had. I'd imagine tonally the Artisan models may be a bit warmer and perhaps a little less punchy compared to the basswood. Every piece is a little different though. Go play them!
    Feels good being a Premier Dealer. I can own more Balls this way.
    glorydaysrockshop.com
    facebook.com/glorydaysrockshop
    http://stores.ebay.com/Glory-Days-Rock-Shop


    JPX 7 Black Sugar w/Roasted Neck
    Luke BFR Neptune Blue
    Axis Tribute Pink





  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    I played several of both at NAMM - I couldn't tell a single difference. It's one beautifully and consistently made guitar. I would only pick one over the other based on aesthetic appeal, nothing else.
    2015 Sahara Burst JP15 7 Flame
    2014 Diego Blue Albert Lee HH
    2014 Sterling Silver SBMM *Signed* JP-60D
    2013 Plat. Silver JP13 7
    ******ON PRE-ORDER************
    2016 JP16 7, St. Vincent, Valentine, SBMM JP157 & Majesty

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MajtasticVoyage View Post
    I played several of both at NAMM - I couldn't tell a single difference. It's one beautifully and consistently made guitar. I would only pick one over the other based on aesthetic appeal, nothing else.
    Interesting to hear this. I also had been wondering if they were going to sound a little different due to the all-mahogany
    body.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benji Peterson View Post
    Biggest difference would be basswood vs the african mahogany body. The Artisan pieces at NAMM felt more hefty to me than the numerous standard Majesty examples we've had.
    This would make sense. The website says the weight is identical, but I would imaging the artisans have to be a little heavier since mahogany is significantly heavier than basswood.

    I will be picking up a 7-string sometime in 2016. When the artisans were first revealed, I had mixed feelings on it. I have to admit though, the Marrone and that gold hardware has really grown on me. At this point I'm completely torn on getting that or a silver lining.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    You gotta figure the mahogany is gonna be darker and tighter than the basswood which I would think would be more airy and resonant. Of course if you're gonna play it with lots of distortion ala JP then you probably won't notice the difference.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

    MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Comparing my JP6 MD and JP6 Neptune Blue, the differences are exactly what I expected. The Neptune is heavier, noticeably. As for tone, it's really hard to describe because the maple neck also adds it's character. I don't think I would like the mahogany as much without the maple neck.
    '15 JP15 BBB | '14 PDN JP6 | '10 JP6 Mystic Dream | '13 JP70 (w/CL/LF)
    '13 LP Traditional | '13 EPi LP | '10 LP Classic | 89' LP Std
    '16 Amer Strat HSS
    Mark IV | RA-100 | (2) 2x12 Recto Slant
    Dunlop Limited Wah | EBMM Volume
    GCP/GCX | EVH Phase & Flange | Dreamscape | Archer | Nova Drive | G-Major 2

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    I would love to get the Artisan Majesty but I really dislike having the logo on the fret board, not to mention the inlays as well. If it was possible to get rid of those somehow, I would buy it... but not sure if there are shops out there who would do it.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick View Post
    I would love to get the Artisan Majesty but I really dislike having the logo on the fret board, not to mention the inlays as well. If it was possible to get rid of those somehow, I would buy it... but not sure if there are shops out there who would do it.
    I am fine with the inlays, but I can understand how someone could feel otherwise. Have you had a chance to play one? Once you strap one on and plug it in, all that matters is that the Majesty is the most amazing playing and sounding guitar ever designed.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    I am fine with the inlays, but I can understand how someone could feel otherwise. Have you had a chance to play one? Once you strap one on and plug it in, all that matters is that the Majesty is the most amazing playing and sounding guitar ever designed.
    I have played the regular Majesty and it felt pretty damn good.. But I'm leaning toward the Artisan more just cos I like the design better.

    I do hear that the Artisan lacks the bite of other JP models though...

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    I can't tell you the difference as the Artisan Majesty in Marone is my first EBMM guitar. I was lucky and found a dealer that had one ordered. I ordered the instrument without ever playing one. And when I opened the case I was amazed at what I saw. This is a gorgeous guitar. The tone and sustain is unreal. This guitar exceeded my expectations. I was surprised that it was lighter than it looks. Get you one. You will not regret it. BA
    Last edited by Bobby Allen; 11-15-2015 at 12:09 PM.

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Allen View Post
    I can't tell you the difference as the Artisan Majesty in Marone is my first EBMM guitar. I was lucky and found a dealer that had one ordered. I ordered the instrument without ever playing one. And when I opened the case I was amazed at what I saw. This is a gorgeous guitar. The tone and sustain is unreal. This guitar exceeded my expectations. I was surprised that it was lighter than it looks. Get you one. You will not regret it. BA
    Sounds awesome, Bobby Allen. How is the tone on it? Is it "bright" enough or more warm?

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    It is warm and sustainy. If that's a word.

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Allen View Post
    It is warm and sustainy. If that's a word.
    Damn. I was hoping it would have some bite to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums