Everlast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: StingRay and Cutlass on Music-Man.com!

User Info Menu

BP, what else was on the cutting block. Do I need to hurry up on another Axis or ASS? Or do I have time to add a little Luke BFR to my collection first?
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Loving the look of the stingray - very classy looking!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

I also noted that there wasn't a JP cut. Of course they are making the best decisions about what's best for the company. So, BP it's right: We are the EBMM fans, but we have to get people buy the Silo for they to survive. I'm a JP kind of guitar player, so I'm happy that people are still buying pretty much all the JP's out there lol... Hope they never die!

Also, I'm LOVING those vintage trems on the Stingray and the Cutlass!!! They are beautiful, and look pretty solid (no doubt they are and sound excellent) and match the whole vintage look of the new models.

User Info Menu

I am a little bummed that the ivory for both models only comes with a maple board. I would have been all over vintage white with rosewood. I want a Stingray but since I prefer rosewood I am not sold on the color that comes with that. I may have to consider the turquoise Cutlass....but I prefer the offset Stingray.
    Last edited by Johnny Alien; 01-23-2016 at 05:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    kids the silo and silo special only stayed around because it was nostalgic and our first....We kept a lot of things that you diehards love but the public could give a rats ass about...this is another way of showing you guys that we love you and value you but if we ran the company for you we would be gone....remember my cayenne pepper analogy? If you notice there was very little jp cut.....because people buy them. want the silhouette to do well get your friends to buy one! hahjahah
    thanks BP -
    i love my silo special - it goes with me everywhere! thanks for keeping it around even if it's for you and not me
    I use the cayenne pepper analogy quite a bit...
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40D
    SG34621 VALENTINE
    SG36060 LUKE
    SG26016 AX40D
    SGXXXX AX30D

User Info Menu

Oh damn... an EBMM Strat.. now they just need to put that guitar in sea foam color!
    Present:

Ernie Ball Music Man BFR JP12-7 Cherry Sugar
    Ernie Ball Music Man BFR JPXI-7 Emerald Green

User Info Menu

The cutlass looks good, it should sell well I think

User Info Menu

Both guitars now have a review on Guitar World (text and video!)
    Review: Ernie Ball Music Man Modern Classic StingRay and Cutlass Guitars | Guitar World
    w/ video

Quote Originally Posted by vinniemallet View Post
    Oh damn... an EBMM Strat.. now they just need to put that guitar in sea foam color!
    There will be one by SBMM!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: Shelter50

User Info Menu

I've wanted a silo HSS maple neck with piezo for so long, but never came across one here in Australia.
    If it's going to be discontinued I better tell my wife that she is going to miss out. Maybe then I'll have a chance
    Last edited by max salas; 01-01-2016 at 05:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by max salas View Post
    I've wanted a silo HSS maple neck with piezo for so long, but never came across one here in Australia.
    If it's going to be discontinued I better tell my wife that she is going to miss out. Maybe then I'll have a chance
    Sorry, the piezo option on Silos/Silo Specials is already discontinued - as of October 31 I believe. Of course that doesn't mean that there weren't any ordered before the cut-off date that will soon be showing up at dealers - I spotted an Axis SS Semi-hollow with the piezo (the option was also discontinued on the Axis SSs) on a dealer's "just arrived" page a couple of days ago. And you could always look for a used one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Sorry, the piezo option on Silos/Silo Specials is already discontinued - as of October 31 I believe. Of course that doesn't mean that there weren't any ordered before the cut-off date that will soon be showing up at dealers - I spotted an Axis SS Semi-hollow with the piezo (the option was also discontinued on the Axis SSs) on a dealer's "just arrived" page a couple of days ago. And you could always look for a used one.
    Thanks John C, believe me , I have alarms on eBay and gumtree (our local Craiglist) to tell me every EBMM sale that sees the light.
    I actually found one around 6 months ago in the US but the owner didn't want to sell it to me because im in Australia... I even told him to keep the case so he could make more money selling the case after... Not interested...
    Sorry for the off topic

Now back to the cutlass, what a nice piece of guitar there guys, how did you select the specs on it?

User Info Menu

both look sooo good!!

User Info Menu

Nice review of both of them in the February 2016 Guitar Player - I just got it in the mail today.

User Info Menu

I am set on getting a Stingray. I am going to grab the black BUT it should really come with a tort guard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am set on getting a Stingray. I am going to grab the black BUT it should really come with a tort guard.
    You can always order an extra one when you buy the guitar. It is prob what I'm gonna do if I go the Cutlas route
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)