Ready to Roar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out this little girl!

User Info Menu

Check out this little girl!

User Info Menu

Woah!!!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

I saw this yesterday.

Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Great... now kids in pre-school are waxing me on guitar...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

hahahaha! yeah, same thing here...

User Info Menu

holy sh*tsnacks!
    '15 JP15 BBB | '14 PDN JP6 | '10 JP6 Mystic Dream | '13 JP70 (w/CL/LF)
    '13 LP Traditional | '13 EPi LP | '10 LP Classic | 89' LP Std
    '16 Amer Strat HSS
    Mark IV | RA-100 | (2) 2x12 Recto Slant
    Dunlop Limited Wah | EBMM Volume
    GCP/GCX | EVH Phase & Flange | Dreamscape | Archer | Nova Drive | G-Major 2

W.Suitor Guest
    I wonder can she squeeze one note like BB King? Awesome talent nonetheless!!

User Info Menu

Well child prodigies abound on all instruments. But imo, this just doesn't sit comfortably with me - there again I'm old and crotchety!!!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Im going to be honest sometimes you guys are just nuts...The typical response when someone exhibits amazing command of the guitar...I wonder if they can play one note or not be pleased...This is amazing and its certainly better than a dj
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

W.Suitor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Im going to be honest sometimes you guys are just nuts...The typical response when someone exhibits amazing command of the guitar...I wonder if they can play one note or not be pleased...This is amazing and its certainly better than a dj
    Gosh! I fear I may have provoked a response that I certainly did not intend! I agree entirely BP, this girl is simply STUNNING on guitar, and most definitely preferable to a DJ. I should have expanded more on what my actual point was: I merely wanted to outline that it is an entirely different discipline to display amazing technique and knowledge of the fretboard, but quite another to slow down and focus on squeezing every last drop of emotion from one note! I mean, I like to think I can do the latter, but I'd be completely lost after the first bar of what she plays, much as I'd love to be able to play like that! Total respect to her, and indeed Sungha Jung, of whom I've been a fan of for quite some time!

User Info Menu

Sungha Jung is very very talented, I am a fan of his as well.
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don't think anybody is really hating on her - definitely lots of respect for anybody that can do what she's doing!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Turn those drums down though! Jeez
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

perfect K.....I get it wsuitor....
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

My implication was that I certainly found this child to be a prodigy.

in other words
    a young person with exceptional qualities/abilities.
    a child genius, wonder child, virtuoso
    an outstanding example of a particular quality.
    an amazing or unusual talent, especially one out of the ordinary course of nature.

and yes Sterling I would agree far better than a DJ - 100% agree.

I can't put my finger on it
    Am I appreciative of the skills displayed yes I am.
    Am I envious of those skills? - yes I am.
    Why then does it still not sit right with me? Well I'm envious and appreciative of skills displayed by other (older) players but that sits ok with me.
    I have personal up close experience of a 12 year old prodigy,- I'm not going to mention it here, it's not the right place - if any knucklehead really want to know pm me and I'll take it off forum via e mail and discuss. All worked out ok in the end - but a lot of heartache was experienced.

Am I the only one who feels like this? - sure I know I'll be in the minority.
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 11-24-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112: