Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: JP single coil sound demo

User Info Menu

Cool JP single coil sound demo

Hi all,

I made a video demoing the single/tap coil sounds of the Majesty with some modifications.

The modifications I did are:

• The single coil mod from http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...-position.html
    • Set the boost to activate automatically when in 'single coil mode', to compensate the lack in gain compared to the humbuckers
    • A mod to have a telecaster-like sound, with the first and last coil in parallel.

This is why I am interested in using the Game Changer if possible, because the range of possible sounds is pretty amazing.

Have a listen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR55GQlCoO0 :P
    (EDIT: re-uploaded video w/higher audio volume)

C.
    Last edited by cjb; 12-13-2015 at 11:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Cool additional sounds! Definitely makes this guitar more versatile.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
    Cool additional sounds! Definitely makes this guitar more versatile.
    Yes, actually I like the single coil tones much better than the humbucking ones, particularly for funky kind of music. I also dislike quite much the illuminators on the bridge position, I am getting the crunch labs tomorrow to try them out, it seems as if the illuminators are too bright for some styles, as noticed by others as well.
    Last edited by cjb; 12-14-2015 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Well done, Carlos! BP should show this demo to JP! Makes an already amazing instrument even more versatile!

User Info Menu

Thanks Jeff

I am wondering whether youtube's audio is compromising this test, as I don't know why the maximum quality is 480p, which may affect audio in a negative way.

Anyway, tomorrow I am trying out the CrunchLab on the bridge, so you can expect me to upload some new samples with higher quality and maybe on different styles. I noticed that the neck single coil (C4) is beautiful for slightly overdrived cleans.

Unfortunately, the AC buzz is there, but it is totally worth it tone-wise.

User Info Menu

This is awesome. Once my Majesty is out of warranty next year, I'm gonna have a similar mod done to mine. However, I use the boost too much for all sounds to loose the option on the volume knob. I'll have to create a volume boost on my Helix for single coil sounds.

User Info Menu

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Very nice, some great tones in there for sure. I have an older JP7 that I'm thinking about doing this to.
    Adam Eschliman

Yandas Music is proud to be a Music Man Premier Dealer.[/COLOR]
    Visit us at-
    YandasMusic.com
    email me at - adam@yandasmusic.com[/SIZE]