Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Steve Lukather donated Luke 3 For Tony MacAlpine Fund.

User Info Menu

Steve Lukather donated Luke 3 For Tony MacAlpine Fund.

I didn't know how many of the guys here Knew or saw the Auction for one of lukes guitars, but i figured id post it.

"Legendary TOTO guitarist, solo artist, and first-call session player extraordinaire, Steve Lukather has donated his Ernie Ball Music Man Luke signature guitar to be auctioned for the Benefit For Tony MacAlpine.

Steve used this guitar extensively on the 2014 Toto World Tour, and has signed the back of the headstock. The guitar comes in a hardshell case."

Its on Ebay. I don't know if ill get in trouble for posting the link. But i thought id bring it up!

User Info Menu

Nice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Morseman19 View Post
    I didn't know how many of the guys here Knew or saw the Auction for one of lukes guitars, but i figured id post it.

"Legendary TOTO guitarist, solo artist, and first-call session player extraordinaire, Steve Lukather has donated his Ernie Ball Music Man Luke signature guitar to be auctioned for the Benefit For Tony MacAlpine.

Steve used this guitar extensively on the 2014 Toto World Tour, and has signed the back of the headstock. The guitar comes in a hardshell case."

Its on Ebay. I don't know if ill get in trouble for posting the link. But i thought id bring it up!
    No trouble at all. We would normally put ebay guitars in the appropriate sticky thread but on this occasion I don't see any problem posting it here...

Ernie Ball Music Man Luke Owned and Signed by Steve Lukather | eBay
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

We have a thread for ebay and online "deals", but hopefully not inappropriate to post these links here:

Luke:Ernie Ball Music Man Luke Owned and Signed by Steve Lukather | eBay

Petrucci: Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty Arctic Dream Signed by John Petrucci | eBay

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Very cool. I hope Tony and his wife both beat cancer.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Yeah... this one hurts a bit.... Tony has been my guitar instructor. He is such a great teacher with a wealth of knowledge. One of the best overall musicians on the planet, IMO.

I want him (and his wife) to not only knock the snot out of cancer, but hit it so hard it leaves this planet forever. Wish I could have made it to his benefit show on the 12th, but east coast/west coast logistics are difficult to work out for one night!

Come on, Tony. The world needs you. Fight.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

Awesome of the artists & great companies involved to make donations and give their time. Lots of things to feel good about, including Tony beating this!

User Info Menu

Spike,

Great that you're friends with him - have been a fan of his since "Edge of Insanity" back in the mid 80s.

He's a great guitar shredder - and I don't know anybody who can then put down a guitar and then shred like he does on keyboards. Mike Keneally would be the only guy I know to come close...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!