Music Man Modern Classics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2015-7

User Info Menu

Exclamation NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2015-7

Welcome to Day 7 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Hi all! Thanks for the kind words and comments on yesterday's NYNGD #2015-6!

So... How we doing so far? We have another two days of cool but "average" NYNGD's and then things start getting real for the final week leading up to New Years! Yes, this year's NYNGD is a marathon, not a sprint! You guys still with me for the ride?

In keeping with the Sparkle Burst theme, today's NYNGD is a Silhouette with a Burnt Apple finish. This is the only Silh Burnt Apple I've ever seen. Not too much to say about it except it looks and feels awesome as expected. Stock HSH setup with PAF Pros, rosewood board, another great Silhouette!

I'll be back tomorrow with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day!

Thanks for looking everyone!

Past Days:
    #2015-1 | #2015-2 | #2015-3 | #2015-4 | #2015-5 | #2015-6 | #2015-7 | #2015-8 | #2015-9 | #2015-10 | #2015-11 | #2015-12 | #2015-13 | #2015-14 |
    #2015-1 | #2015-2 | #2015-3 | #2015-4 | #2015-5 | #2015-6 | #2015-7 | #2015-8 | #2015-9 | #2015-10 | #2015-11 | #2015-15 | #2015-16 | #2015-17
    #2014-1 | #2014-2 | #2014-3 | #2014-4 | #2014-5 | #2014-6 | #2014-7 | #2014-8 | #2014-9 | #2014-10
    #2013-1 | #2013-2 | #2013-3 | #2013-4 | #2013-5 | #2013-6
    #2012-1 | #2012-2 | #2012-3 | #2012-4 | #2012-5 | #2012-6 | #2012-7

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

Last edited by dibart77; 12-31-2015 at 04:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Very nice.

You know which one I'm waiting for though. I really miss her!!!

User Info Menu

Burnt Apple was an awesome color. I love it. Great Silo, Jeff...keep 'em coming

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

That's the first Burnt Apple I have ever seen - whoa that is killer!!! Great stuff sir!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Great finish! Is that a little purple at the edges or are my eyes just not that good anymore?
    EBMM - AL MM90 White
    EBMM - AL HH Black Sugar Roasted Maple
    EBMM - Armada Black flamed
    EBMM - JP7 White
    EBMM - Cutlass Vintage Turquoise
    EBMM - Stingray Starry Night

Mesa Boogie RA-100
    Yamaha THR5

User Info Menu

Jeff, your presentations are top notch. Really does the brand justice.
    Looking forward to this next week
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

the graphics are great - even down to the reflections - is this all done on photoshop?
    Nice guitar too!
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim View Post
    Looking forward to this next week
    Your pics (not to mention your collection!) are incredible. It's all drool-worthy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzeijen View Post
    Great finish! Is that a little purple at the edges or are my eyes just not that good anymore?
    Burnt Apple is similar to Blue Dawn, it's goes to black'ish edges.

Great guitar Jeff and very under estimated Sparkle finish.

Congrats yet again man, man you have a lot of guitars,

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

This is the BEST advent calendar ever!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Jeff,

Jeff,

Great pics and always inspiring!

Question: I know this is an EBMM forum and we only show off our Balls here - do you have a collection of non-Balls or are you a one brand guy?

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Jeff,tx for sharing your treasures with us…really great!..any beaters in the collection?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    Jeff,

Jeff,

Great pics and always inspiring!

Question: I know this is an EBMM forum and we only show off our Balls here - do you have a collection of non-Balls or are you a one brand guy?

Kevin
    I would laugh hysterically if he has a similar number of PRS's (or other brand)
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

These pictures every day are just amazing!
    Majesty PN
    Majesty CF
    JP6 Trans Black BFR
    And a collection of other nice beauties

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mystixboi1 View Post
    You know which one I'm waiting for though. I really miss her!!!
    In due time, my friend! In due time!

Quote Originally Posted by jzeijen View Post
    The finish is black bursted over the red sparkle center. Any purple that you see on the contours is reflections form my purple studio walls!

Thanks Keith. I am pretty passionate about EBMM, and I am kind of OCD. So this is how I roll. Plus, it's related to my day job, so it's second nature (kind of).

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    the graphics are great - even down to the reflections - is this all done on photoshop?
    Yep! Photoshop is our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Your pics (not to mention your collection!) are incredible. It's all drool-worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Congrats yet again man, man you have a lot of guitars,
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    I would laugh hysterically if he has a similar number of PRS's (or other brand)
    I'm at work so I don't have official count handy. I have around 100 EBMM and around 7 non-EBMM (my first guitar a Kramer Striker, my first high-dollar guitar an Ibanez JEM, a home made Performance Flame, a Steinbeger GL, an EVH Frankenstein, and two Breedlove Acoustics. Oh, and a Washburn bass (that's really for a buddy of mine but I own it). And a banjo and a ukulele that belonged to my grandpa (who taught me to play).