BFR October 2019

Thread: NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2015-15

User Info Menu

Exclamation NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Days! NYNGD #2015-15

Welcome to Day 15 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Thanks for the kind words and comments on yesterday's NYNGD #2015-14!

OK, down to the wire now! There are three NYNGD left -- #2015-15 today, #2015-16 on 12/30, and #2015-17 on 12/31. The last three guitars are all pretty special, and I had a hard time deciding which order to present them!

Today's NYNGD, which was originally going to be the final NYNGD on 12/31, is an absolutely stunning Majesty Artisan Series masterpiece in Marrone. The reason this guitar was originally going to be the final NYNGD is because I planned to talk about how stunning the workmanship is. And how incredibly light the guitar is. And how tremendously playable it is. This is the first time a neck-thru has felt natural to me. This is the first time (since my days playing a JEM) that such a thin neck feels fine to me.

It really is absolutely amazing and I think it's the best, most well-made EBMM I have ever laid my hands on. Just look at the photos. The workmanship is absolutely flawless. I have actually sat here and stared at this guitar floored by its perfection. I would like to extend a huge Thank You to Tomas and the crew in SLO for such amazing work (we all should be thanking Tomas and team for a great year of guitars)!

So if this amazing, perfect, stunning guitar got "demoted" two notches in favor of two other guitars, what could those be?!?!? Well, you'll need to tune in to find out. Frankly, this Majesty Artisan is BETTER than the next two, but perhaps not as rare or sexy/suckytopped. See you tomorrow!

I'll be back tomorrow with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day!

Thanks for looking everyone!

Past Days:
    #2015-1 | #2015-2 | #2015-3 | #2015-4 | #2015-5 | #2015-6 | #2015-7 | #2015-8 | #2015-9 | #2015-10 | #2015-11 | #2015-12 | #2015-13 | #2015-14 |
    #2015-1 | #2015-2 | #2015-3 | #2015-4 | #2015-5 | #2015-6 | #2015-7 | #2015-8 | #2015-9 | #2015-10 | #2015-11 | #2015-15 | #2015-16 | #2015-17
    #2014-1 | #2014-2 | #2014-3 | #2014-4 | #2014-5 | #2014-6 | #2014-7 | #2014-8 | #2014-9 | #2014-10
    #2013-1 | #2013-2 | #2013-3 | #2013-4 | #2013-5 | #2013-6
    #2012-1 | #2012-2 | #2012-3 | #2012-4 | #2012-5 | #2012-6 | #2012-7

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

Last edited by dibart77; 12-31-2015 at 04:27 PM.

User Info Menu

So jealous!!!! My fav Majesty. Enjoy

User Info Menu

Some serious guitar praise in your post, I really need to try one of those majesties.

I'm on my way to NYC now will try to play one at guitaryr center.

Congrats this is a beauty!
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

Another amazing guitar!!!! Thanks for sharing all these with us!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    It really is absolutely amazing and I think it's the best, most well-made EBMM I have ever laid my hands on.
    Wow, that's really amazing to hear from someone who has so much perspective on what's available.

As usual, great job on the write-up and thanks for doing it!
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

User Info Menu

Jeff-
    When you're done with the reveals, how about a poll to see which of the 17 is the forum favorite?
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Congrats and enjoy, Jeff! (That applies to all of your guitars, but especially this one.) I was wondering when a Majesty would appear.

EBMM and JP really hit the ball out of the park with the Majesty design. I liked the look and specs from the initial announcement, but I was apprehensive until I tried one. Several videos and articles mention how the Majesty was designed to just "get out of your way". It really does, doesn't it? It is an ergonomic dream that lets the player focus on the music as opposed to playing the guitar. And it looks fantastic doing so.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

This ---
    "It really is absolutely amazing and I think it's the best, most well-made EBMM I have ever laid my hands on. Just look at the photos. The workmanship is absolutely flawless. I have actually sat here and stared at this guitar floored by its perfection. I would like to extend a huge Thank You to Tomas and the crew in SLO for such amazing work (we all should be thanking Tomas and team for a great year of guitars)!""

--- is very accurate, imho.
    From top to bottom, an incredible instrument. It's not a replacement for everything else out there, but the ergonomics alone are tip-top and unmatched.
    And that 'natural' finish just makes it even better...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    I'm on my way to NYC now will try to play one at guitaryr center.
    When will you be in NYC? I am not in NYC this week (vacation) but will be back in NYC next week starting on Jan 4. Get together for coffee/beer?

Quote Originally Posted by bhull View Post
    Wow, that's really amazing to hear from someone who has so much perspective on what's available.
    Yes. I own ~100 EBMM's from a spectrum of EBMM's models -- Axis, Axis Sport, Axis Super Sport, Axis Tribute, Albert Lee, JP15, Luke 1, Luke 2, LIII, Silhouette, Silhouette Special, 20th Silo, 25th, and have also owned a SM Y2D. And this Majesty Artisan, without question, is higher build quality than all of them. DON'T GET ME WRONG: EBMM's always have a high build quality, but the Majesty does the unbelievable and raises the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim View Post
    When you're done with the reveals, how about a poll to see which of the 17 is the forum favorite?
    Sounds like a fun idea, Keith. A-HOLE. (why did you call me an A-HOLE the other day?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    EBMM and JP really hit the ball out of the park with the Majesty design. I liked the look and specs from the initial announcement, but I was apprehensive until I tried one. Several videos and articles mention how the Majesty was designed to just "get out of your way". It really does, doesn't it? It is an ergonomic dream that lets the player focus on the music as opposed to playing the guitar. And it looks fantastic doing so.
    Yeppers. I am still getting myself around it fully. Like the polished fretboard is a little weird for me. And I wish the Majesty/DT logo was optional (because it does bother me to be playing on stage with a DT logo on my guitar -- imagine if the EBMM EVH model had come with a big =VH= logo on the first fret?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    And that 'natural' finish just makes it even better...
    Yeah. The first Majesty I had tried was one of the matte tangerine pearl one-offs that EBMM did for the Philly and Dallas guitar shows (two years ago?) and that one made me say to Derek, "OK, this is a guitar I could play. This is comfortable for me and super ergonomic (unlike, for example, the first time I played Armada and it's just not for me). But I don't like any of these colors!!! Make a natural wood model!!!"

And low and behold, here it is! I think there were a number of people with the same comment -- this could be stunning with woodgrain!
    Last edited by dibart77; 12-30-2015 at 12:09 PM.

User Info Menu

^ Out of love. Envy. Admiration.
    Such an awesome art/instrument collection. Has to make the Ball family very proud
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dibart77 View Post
    Sounds like a fun idea, Keith. A-HOLE. (why did you call me an A-HOLE the other day?!?)
    That Keith... always such a cut-up - he's too even tempered to have meant anything untoward, so I knew he was joking around out of (feigned) jealousy!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    That Keith... always such a cut-up - he's too even tempered to have meant anything untoward, so I knew he was joking around out of (feigned) jealousy!
    I did too… Just playing along.

User Info Menu

Well, Jeff , if I had to pick the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen , this one will be my choice - congrats bro , what a fantastic instrument !
    If I had another try , I'll add Hazel burst L III - these two are on the top of my wishlist
    Thanks for sharing your spectacular NGDs , now waiting for the last 2 to come , bring it on
    Ex-guitar player .

User Info Menu

Hi Jeff would love to take a coffe with you but on Jan 4th I'm leaving for Las Vegas for the CES so won't be able to make it. Too bad really.

Tried an artisan at Sam Ash today. Your praises are highly justified its a great guitar and I love the light weight.
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

This is gorgeous. I love the ebony fretboard and the beautiful finish.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary