New JP16 with Floyd....

2005-JP6 RED PEARL
    2012-JPXI BLACK ONYX
    2013-JPXII BALI BURST
    2014-MAJESTY ARCTIC DREAM
    2015-JP15 BLUEBERRY BURST (#57-300)
    2015-JPXII CHERRY SUGAR

User Info Menu

I'm liking it! Interesting they've moved away from the proprietary trem. But, overall, it's very classy, clean and minimalist. I love it!!
    Last edited by DevRock; 01-25-2016 at 01:31 PM.

User Info Menu

I like the toned down features, but I'm really interested in price point on this one....
    2014 - Bongo 5 w/ Rosewood neck
    2015 - JP15 Blueberry Burst (58/300)

User Info Menu

I haven't had any issues with the JP bridges, and I do have several Floyds.

That neck in the pics doesn't look too roasted. But I love the roasted neck, nice touch.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jake72 View Post
    I like the toned down features, but I'm really interested in price point on this one....
    6 string - $2499
    7 string - $2699
    "It's taken all my life to learn what not to play"
    JP7 BFR (Trans Black) | Website: M-Workshop | Instagram

User Info Menu

I'm not sure if I like the move to a Floyd. Not having the individual saddle height adjustments to match the neck radius perfectly is my main concern. Aren't all Floyd's radii set at 10" (or 12")??? And the JP16 neck is 17" radius?!

Sounds like this would lead to issues I've ran into with other Floyds getting the action set as low as possible... there's always one or two strings that fret out at some point... and no easy, quick way to fix it without saddle adjustments. The proprietary EBMM JP bridges were genius IMO, despite the fact I got a few lemons along the way that somehow made it through QC.

On the other hand, I think this is going to force me to jump on some of last year's models and stock up on the EBMM bridges!!!!
    Current EBMM Guitars:
    2012 JPXI-7
    2014 JP6 BFR Koa
    2018 Valentine
    2018 JP15 BFR Eminence Purple

My Youtube Channel

User Info Menu

Don't like it at all.
    The original trem is the best I have ever played in terms of stability and keep in tune were floyed trems always tend to go out of tune in this way or another.
    Also the scooped forearm contour, a big dislike and above all this price tag is way over what it should be for the specs.
    It's the 1st time I don't like a JP guitar. That’s my opinion anyway.

Sorry...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Etudica View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the move to a Floyd. Not having the individual saddle height adjustments to match the neck radius perfectly is my main concern. Aren't all Floyd's radii set at 10" (or 12")??? And the JP16 neck is 17" radius?!

Sounds like this would lead to issues I've ran into with other Floyds getting the action set as low as possible... there's always one or two strings that fret out at some point... and no easy, quick way to fix it without saddle adjustments. The proprietary EBMM JP bridges were genius IMO, despite the fact I got a few lemons along the way that somehow made it through QC.

On the other hand, I think this is going to force me to jump on some of last year's models and stock up on the EBMM bridges!!!!
    The 'old' models aren't going anywhere, the JP16 just adds the opportunity to have a JP model with a floyd. I like the variety.
    EBMM - AL MM90 White
    EBMM - AL HH Black Sugar Roasted Maple
    EBMM - Armada Black flamed
    EBMM - JP7 White
    EBMM - Cutlass Vintage Turquoise
    EBMM - Stingray Starry Night

Mesa Boogie RA-100
    Yamaha THR5

User Info Menu

So happy to see this!!!! I am not at all a fan of the stock bridge that has been used for years. Love the stability of a Floyd setup!

Will definitely be ordering one! This pretty much has been what I have wanted for a long time.

Looking forward to ordering one!
    Luke III BFR Tume
    Luke III BFR Hazel burst quilt

User Info Menu

There are special saddle shims you buy for the floyd that are used to radius the bridge correctly. This is standard practice on floyds and has been for decades. There are charts available that will tell you how many shims go under each saddle to achieve whatever radius you want. MM is obviously following this practice, just as all other manufacturers do. You've obviously never taken apart a floyd before :-) Take your guitars apart. You can learn so much by doing so.

User Info Menu

No piezo option?
    Axes:
    EBMM JP6 Stealth Black - 2009
    EBMM JP BFR - Walnut Burst - 2007
    Sterling by Music Man JP70 Stealth Back - 2014
    Ibanez JEM 555 - 1998

Amps: Mesa Boogie Mark V - 2 x 12 Vintage 30 - Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Handmade Marshall 2061x

User Info Menu

I think it was a matter of time before a Floyd came on a jp. John himself wanted one originally but music man opted a for something custom. I know his tech maddie isn't going to happy about this lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I love how it looks, unfortunately i've never played a JP Music man guitar i liked at all. I have an Axis (which could use some adjustments) and a Silhouette Special (which is setup perfectly), but the JP models (even the most expesnive ones) are always setup TERRIBLY at guitar center. I'll have to find one at a better music store, because it's a huge turn off. I've been a massive Dream Theater fan and used to own his Ibanez Signature model (the only guitar i've owned and sold, but regrest it now). As people have posted before on this topic, it's probably just the store not keeping up with the setup on these guitars. I really wanted the JP15 but it's a bit out of my price range right now.
    Last edited by chrismilne; 01-21-2016 at 02:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Can't speak for Floyd's, but on my JP15 my saddles don't particularly match the fretboard radius and it's still a shred machine. 17'' is flat enough, I suppose, that it doesn't affect it as badly as it would otherwise.

User Info Menu

The MM trem does everything I need without dealing with the hassle of a Floyd. I'm actually seriously thinking about swapping my Ibanez 7-string for a JP7 - preferably a JP15-7, but that's a lot of money - mostly because I'm tired of the Floyd. So absolutely no interest in the JP16 from me. For anyone who likes Floyds, have fun
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt