Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New DT !!!

User Info Menu

New DT !!!

Listening to The Astonishing!!! Very appropriate title indeed.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

I'm just going out to purchase it. I liked the 3 songs i listened, (one of them is Moment of Betrayal, that i like so muuuuuuch!!!!). The overall guitar sound seems pretty similar to the "Dream Theater" album: Do you confirm?

User Info Menu

Personally - I think the guitar sounds are a bit "warmer". I like what I am hearing much better on this recording than the last. Just finished a song titled A New Beginning which had very stellar (IMHO) tones!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    Personally - I think the guitar sounds are a bit "warmer". I like what I am hearing much better on this recording than the last. Just finished a song titled A New Beginning which had very stellar (IMHO) tones!!!
    Thanks!!I'm loving the Illuminators more and more!!

User Info Menu

It sucks so bad I can't stop listening to it. Got tickets for the US tour...the waiting...the excitement...!
    EBMM JP15 Blueberry Burst #119
    EBMM JP13-7
    Mesa/Boogie MKV Combo

"Searching out, Reaching in..."

User Info Menu

I'm listening to it for the second time. I guess it will be a record that will grow in me with time...so far I don't like it everything

25th Anniversary BFR (#11 of 25)
    Bongo 6 (sterling silver / black PG)

User Info Menu

I love it. To be honest, I had found recent offerings solid but not groundbreaking. I have been excited about a new concept album from any band, and most of the time they are redundant. The Astonishing has elements from many of my favorite retro bands, Gentle Giant in particular. This is not a dark and brooding piece but rather uplifting to me. I can't wait to see this show live.

User Info Menu

Have listened to about 8 songs so far. This IS the DT album I've been waiting for! Loving it.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

The album is a masterpiece! A series of beautiful ballads and great storytelling atmosphere. They really blew my mind with this one.
    EBMM JP6 MYSTIC DREAM
    SBMM JP100D RRB *SOLD*
    SBMM JP70D PWH

What I sound like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWv0VUa23Y

User Info Menu

Waited in the Parkin lot this morning for the store to open and have been listening To it all day . The album is amazing I'm enjoying every minute of it. The guitar tones are incredible.
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Just downloaded the dig version. Made it through about 10 songs. So far I like it. And I'm mainly a fan of the early stuff. It's the kind of album I could sit down shut my eyes and just listen through the whole thing.

User Info Menu

Enjoying.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Beautiful music, then some more beautiful music. This just goes on and on for two hours, and I love every minute of it.

User Info Menu

Listened to it two times yesterday. It takes some time to get into it. But it is hrlpful to sit down and read the lyrics, to catch the different characters.
    I'll need a few more times of listening to tell what I think about it.
    One thing what I don't like is the drum sound, it could be more three dimensional and deeper and on some parts, the snare could sound warmer and smoother to fit better with the song. But that's my personal taste.
    91 EVH Trans Black Quilt Top
    ?? Axis EX Trans Red Quilt Top
    05 JP6 Mystic Dream
    09 JP6 Dargie Delight II
    10 JP6 Pearl Redburst Limited
    07 JP6 BFR Ruby Red Burst
    05 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    06 SM-Y2D Tobacco Burst
    10 SM-Y2D BFR Black Sugar
    12 SM-Y2D PDN Honey Roasted
    14 SM-Y2D Rosewood Neck Solar Flare
    OLP MM-5 Silhouette Bassguitar
    OLP MM-1
    SBMM JP70 Stealth Black
    SBMM JP70D Pearl White ltd.

check out: www.reverbnation.com/morbidsky

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joe web View Post
    One thing what I don't like is the drum sound, it could be more three dimensional and deeper and on some parts, the snare could sound warmer and smoother to fit better with the song. But that's my personal taste.
    I'm having the same kind of reaction. The drums in general and the snare, in particular, are too far out front in the mix a LOT of the time, for my liking. It's almost like Portnoy mixed this album!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4