• Stingray

8 11.27%
  • Other

1 1.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite New Music Man Guitar

User Info Menu

Favorite New Music Man Guitar

So lots of great new stuff from EBMM so what is everyones favorite? I know what mine is

User Info Menu

For me, it's a toss up between the Stingray and the St Vincent. I voted Stingray because I could only choose one but I already regret it a little tiny bit.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Of the new models, I voted Valentine.... but only because I own 3 other JP models. The JP line is first for me.... but the Valentine will be added this year me thinks...
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

I voted St. Vincent. To me it really embodies what EBMM does - take an artist's desire and dream and churn it out into a beautiful piece of art. I remember that same feeling when I first saw an EVH, an Albert Lee and especially the JP6. I was completely blown away by each of them.

Always being on the edge of innovation & artistry and melding them together into something beautiful and timeless. That is what EBMM does. And this year, for me, the St. Vincent easily embodies that spirit.
    Greg

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z EMS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    Always being on the edge of innovation & artistry and melding them together into something beautiful and timeless. That is what EBMM does. And this year, for me, the St. Vincent easily embodies that spirit.
    ^^^
    This!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    I voted St. Vincent. To me it really embodies what EBMM does - take an artist's desire and dream and churn it out into a beautiful piece of art. I remember that same feeling when I first saw an EVH, an Albert Lee and especially the JP6. I was completely blown away by each of them.

Exactly how I feel about the Valentine... It seems simple, yet very innovative!

Not as avant garde as the St Vincent, so arguably not as notable, but so so so so delicious.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

Very difficult... Voted JP16 because it just seems like a really fun guitar to play. But so do the others.. I can see a cutlass in my future.
    EBMM - AL MM90 White
    EBMM - AL HH Black Sugar Roasted Maple
    EBMM - Armada Black flamed
    EBMM - JP7 White
    EBMM - Cutlass Vintage Turquoise
    EBMM - Stingray Starry Night

Mesa Boogie RA-100
    Yamaha THR5

User Info Menu

I voted St. Vincent. Norrin Radd summed it up more eloquently than I ever could in post #4.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

User Info Menu

Voted for the Cutlass - that would be the first one I would purchase. The second one - probably a Valentine, followed by the StingRay. The St. Vincent - if I had a big collection I would add one for the cool factor.

User Info Menu

Stingray all the life!
    Music Man Silhouette Special H-s-s Purple/White customized Seymour Duncan SH-5 + MP Pickups red rooster/minihumbucker strato by Marco Pontillo

User Info Menu

Cutlass wins for me , probably my next purchase
    Ex-guitar player .

User Info Menu

Interesting results so far, FYI my vote was the Stingray, it was what sparked my interest from the start. Decided on Chili Red because I wanted a maple fretboard. Hopefully one will be with me sooner than later

User Info Menu

St. Vincent, blue but with a black pickguard :-).

User Info Menu

Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Interesting results so far, FYI my vote was the Stingray, it was what sparked my interest from the start. Decided on Chili Red because I wanted a maple fretboard. Hopefully one will be with me sooner than later
    Methinks it will be the show guitar.
    EBMM BFR Morse Dark Lord Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    Cutlass

Methinks it will be the show guitar.

I agree, and will know soon FYI Sweetwater has Stingray and Cutlass in stock.