2020 StingRay Special colors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albert Lee HH BFR

User Info Menu

Cool Albert Lee HH BFR

My AL SSS BFR is a fabulous guitar, the very best I've ever had, and I regret that it's no longer available.

I do perfectly understands why it was retired and I'm not here to start another rant over this decision.
    (It must get really old for BP to explain that over and over again.)

But I was thinking it would be really cool to offer a AL HH BFR as it truly is a fantastic machine. Maybe it would sell...

Why did I color the AL HH BFR in yellow? Because I can't stop watching Blues Saraceno's prototypes and they RULE in gold sparkle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwYSOi9GPSg

C'mon BP, treat us!
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 05-23-2016 at 11:29 PM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    My AL SSS BFR is a fabulous guitar, the very best I've ever had, and I regret that it's no longer available.

I do perfectly understands why it was retired and I'm not here is to start another rant over this decision.
    (It must get really old for BP to explain that over and over again.)

But I was thinking it would be really cool to offer a AL HH BFR as it truly is a fantastic machine. Maybe it would sell...

Why did I color the AL HH BFR in yellow? Because I can't stop watching Blues Saraceno's prototypes and they RULE in gold sparkle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwYSOi9GPSg

C'mon BP, treat us!
    Well there are dealers out there that still have the Silver Sparkle AL HH in stock and Silver Sparkle is just awesome in person. It's an option. I have a gold Sparkle Silo Special and absolutely love it. The other option is to find a Black Sugar AL HH (I've got one), the fleck in it is just great. This isn't the best picture, but it will give you an idea.

Well there are dealers out there that still have the Silver Sparkle AL HH in stock and Silver Sparkle is just awesome in person. It's an option. I have a gold Sparkle Silo Special and absolutely love it. The other option is to find a Black Sugar AL HH (I've got one), the fleck in it is just great. This isn't the best picture, but it will give you an idea.

Here is a picture of Blues Gold Sparkle AL HH.

Take a look at this thread.

Blues Saraceno with a single coil Luke

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 03-23-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Wouldnt it be cool to see a albert lee HH without pickguard? Rear loaded ellectronics, direct mounted pickups, figured maple top.... i would be in the market for something like that!
    1977 stingray II guitar--walnut------------maple fb
    1994 stingray 4H---------natural------------rosewood fb
    1998 sterling 4H----------trans red---------birdseye maple/rw
    2006 Jp6---------------------mystic dream--birdseye maple/rw
    2010 Classic sr4----------coral red---------birdseye maple
    2013 Luke III HSS--------olive gold--------rosewood neck
    2014 stingray 4 HH-----neptune blue---flamed maple
    2014 Luke III HSS--------bodhi blue-------birdseye maple/rw

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sanderhermans View Post
    Wouldnt it be cool to see a albert lee HH without pickguard? Rear loaded ellectronics, direct mounted pickups, figured maple top.... i would be in the market for something like that!
    See I think that would be/look really cool as well. For me I prefer the roasted neck with ebony, but a rosewood fret board might be very interesting.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I wanna see what a roasted rosewood neck would look like.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    I wanna see what a roasted rosewood neck would look like.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Steevo, probably not much different than the Black Sugar, Roasted with Ebony run.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 03-23-2016 at 02:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Attachment 29739

Doesn't get any cooler than this I'm afraid!!
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 03-24-2016 at 07:11 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Attachment 29739

Doesn't get any cooler than this I'm afraid!!
    Jason, no agreed man. There is this one off color that was done for Dweezil.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I'm drooling on this one too!
    Stratos blue, with a blue mirrored pickguard and tele style knobs.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I'll just put this here. (Some of these have some bad photoshopping)

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...-mock-ups.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by browndog View Post
    I'll just put this here. (Some of these have some bad photoshopping)

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...-mock-ups.html

I think the no pickguard ones look really cool personally.

You know at first I didn't like the BFR logo, but it's grown on me and after having an instrument with it, I miss it.

I think they'd look as good painted.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 03-24-2016 at 04:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Pickguard gives it its full mojo!!!!

Attachment 29747
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Pickguard gives it its full mojo!!!!

Attachment 29747
    Oh hell yes.... I would honestly sell off a bunch of guitars that I love to buy something like this and/or a new AL model with the St. Vincent pups + electronics.

I love my AL HH but I really believe one with a maple neck would just be even better....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    I think the no pickguard ones look really cool personally.

You know at first I didn't like the BFR logo, but it's grown on me and after having an instrument with it, I miss it.

I think they'd look as good painted.

Glenn |B)
    Since i came up with this idea. I'll take the purple one and i will never mention it again
    1977 stingray II guitar--walnut------------maple fb
    1994 stingray 4H---------natural------------rosewood fb
    1998 sterling 4H----------trans red---------birdseye maple/rw
    2006 Jp6---------------------mystic dream--birdseye maple/rw
    2010 Classic sr4----------coral red---------birdseye maple
    2013 Luke III HSS--------olive gold--------rosewood neck
    2014 stingray 4 HH-----neptune blue---flamed maple
    2014 Luke III HSS--------bodhi blue-------birdseye maple/rw

User Info Menu

Hmmm, looks like an artist instrument and it's pretty sparkley. From Intragram.

ernieball@mminster of @cagetheelephant with his custom Albert Lee guitar.

Glenn |B)