New Prodigy

Thread: Need advice from Axis Super Sport semi Hollow owners!

W.Suitor Guest

Need advice from Axis Super Sport semi Hollow owners!

I'm looking to buy a semi-hollow Axis. I own EVH's, Axii, Sports already but on close scrutiny of online pictures and videos, I seem to notice that there is a difference in the measurement of how deep the neck sits into the body? I am basing this on the observation that the side dot markers of the higher frets on the bass side seem further off the body that on any of my other Axii/Evh models. As I don't have access to one in the flesh, I cannot discern whether the heel of the neck is any deeper, the neck pocket shallower, or indeed if I'm simply wrong altogether? Please could any current owners comment on this?
    My curiosity was compounded by reading here on another thread that one owner thought that the pickups were further away from the strings than on his other Axii. This would fit with my theory, if indeed it is the case!
    If any UK members know of any semi's for sale anywhere, please alert me to them! I want a trem model with maple neck, and so far I can only find one in stock anywhere in the UK.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by W.Suitor; 04-09-2016 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Spelling error

User Info Menu

I don't notice any difference regarding neck placement from any of my other Axii(see signature). I will give it a closer look, now that you've mentioned it; but all in all, there is no difference in feel, other than it is noticeably lighter. Great guitar!!
    25th Anniversary,Venetian Red Quilt,Maple neck,G47369,
    Axis Supersport BFR,Tobacco Burst,Rosewood neck,G47057,
    Axis Tribute,Purple Quilt, Maple neck, G54353
    EVH Red Quilt Hard Tail,Maple neck,87269
    Semi-Hollow Super Sport, Neptune Blue,G72992
    EVH Purple Flame,Maple Neck,84096
    Silo Special,Sky Blue,Hard Tail,G70886

User Info Menu

Totally the same guitar except hollow.

EVH - Blue Quilt
    1995 - Luke I - Pearl Blue
    2009 - 25th Anniversary
    2011 - Luke II - True Gold BFR
    2012 - Axis Tribute - Trans Pink
    2016 - Cutlass - Vintage Sunburst
    2017 - St. Vincent - Stealth Black

Take a break from playin' guitar and read a webcomic: nemu*nemu!