New Prodigy

Thread: NGD: Black & Gold - Rosewood Neck Silhouette

User Info Menu

NGD: Black & Gold - Rosewood Neck Silhouette

Hey all, I dont post loads here but thought id share this Silhouette ive had for a while now. I have since had an extra sss scratchplate made up so I have more tonal options etc, I believe the HSH it came with is a 59 in the neck and then stock dimarzios. Really like the sounds out of it etc but..

The one thing I have found with the neck is it does feel a little.. dry/rough? I've used the wonder wipes before on a maple silhouette and it kinda helped but a little bit of me feels like I could be doing wrong or leaving it on too long etc.. any advice on this would be really appreciated - I do love the sound, just the feel of the neck isnt as sweet at my jp7

PICs:
    NGD: Black & Gold - Rosewood Neck Silhouette-img_5453-jpgNGD: Black & Gold - Rosewood Neck Silhouette-img_5823-jpgNGD: Black & Gold - Rosewood Neck Silhouette-img_5826-jpg

User Info Menu

Might be worth giving it a coat of gunstock oil. Any rough spots could be raised grain and just need rubbing down lightly first 1000 wet and dry, then oil it

User Info Menu

Those look great! If it were my neck, I'd use 0000 steel wool to see if that might smooth the neck, before using something more aggressive. Good luck.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Drew Montell from EBMM tells you how to care for your neck here:

YouTube - Caring for your Music Man neck & Fretboard

User Info Menu

Top video - thanks for the link

User Info Menu

Rosewood? It should just need lemon oil. That works great on mine.

Oh, and that is a sweet guitar. How do you like the single coil in the neck? What pickups are you using?
    2014 Silhouette, White hss BFR Roasted Maple Neck
    2014 Steve Morse All-Roasted Maple Neptune Blue PDN Neck on a Morse Y2D Purple Sunset Burst body (Thanks to Kestrou)
    2017 Luke III BFR Blueberry Burst
    Gold Roller PDN Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replies guys - Am i correct in thinking the wonder wipes have lemon oil in so I can just use those? Gonna attempt to do this tonight hopefully.

@siddius - I got a set of mayer style pickups made by a UK company called Mojo, they are great for that finger style - its odd, the more variation of humbuckers I try the more I want haha. Im really tempted to try some dimarzio cruizers though as I love the sound they seem to make from andy timmons / demos etc etc