Flat Ribbon

Thread: Bfr Luke 3 neck moving.

User Info Menu

Bfr Luke 3 neck moving.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
    I have a Blueberry Bfr Luke, roasted maple neck.
    I've always read that roasted does better in climate change.. I have not found this to be true.
    I travel weekly. La, Atlanta, Miami, Ny for studio sessions. So I experience change in the weather frequently. I find that I'm having to move the trussrod in tiny increments maybe every 2 weeks. It's not that big of a deal, just wondering if anyone else has had problems with stability.
    *note I'm not only moving the rod one way. It's a back and forth game. Tiny tiny increments.

User Info Menu

Rosted or not a neck made of wood will always be subject to climate change. As long as it's tiny adjustment I don't think this is a big deal especially with music man truss rod adjustment.
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009

User Info Menu

That's what it's for. If you kept needing to adjust it without any changes in climate there might be an issue, but what you describe sounds normal.
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt

User Info Menu

Thats totally normal.. the humidity levels of all of those places you mention are pretty different, so no surprise there. Its there for you to fine tune your action, .. almost like tuning your guitar.. its an adjustment. FWIW I live in Chicago and adjust pretty often.. major season changes warrant bigger adjustments.

User Info Menu

This sounds very normal to me. It could be worse, you could be on an old Fender neck with having to loosen the neck/remove to adjust.

User Info Menu

Yeah you travel a lot to places with quite a different weather. That's expected. Maybe you should consider a guitar with a neck made of pau-ferro (iron wood) that is much more stable than maple.

User Info Menu

Perfect, thank you everyone for the replies.
    I figured as much, just wanted to check and see

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post
    Thats totally normal.. the humidity levels of all of those places you mention are pretty different, so no surprise there. Its there for you to fine tune your action, .. almost like tuning your guitar.. its an adjustment. FWIW I live in Chicago and adjust pretty often.. major season changes warrant bigger adjustments.
    I second MJM's motion. It's even worse in the summer here in Chi-town, as we get heavy humidity then dry as a bone in the same week. I'm constantly giving a quarter to half turn one way or another.

Flash

AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Purple
    AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Pink
    AXIS | 2012 | TRIBUTE | Green
    AXIS | 2012 | PDN | Honeyburst
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | BFR | Neptune Blue
    AXIS | 2014 | PDN | MM90 | Neptune Blue

AXIS | 2016 | PDN | Starry Night

SILO | 1996 | Trans Teal | Floyd Rose
    SILO Special | 2012 | PDN | Trem | Honeyburst
    20TH Anny SILO #1 | Hardtail
    20TH Anny SILO #2 | Hardtail

User Info Menu

Totally normal. Here in Utah we get some really back and forth weather. It was mid 90's a couple of days ago and today it was pouring rain and jacket weather. Constantly having to tweak my truss rod. I LOVE that MM has easy access to the truss rod wheel. I have to leave all the covers off of my other guitars so that I can get to the truss rod.