New Slinkys March 2020
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom/rare JP colors

User Info Menu

Custom/rare JP colors

JP colors/finish are pretty limited, so its really awesome when I come across something I haven't seen before! Lets see some custom or rare JP finishes!

I'll start it off with this bad boy! It belongs to Jason Richardson! Custom/rare JP colors-uploadfromtaptalk1467823321066-jpgCustom/rare JP colors-uploadfromtaptalk1467823341756-jpg

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That's burled... something - what exact wood? Looks too light to be walnut, but I'm not sure exactly what wood we're talking about.

Is that a stock "made by EBMM" top?!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

buckeye burl. custom for jason. let me find some pictures of mine and get them on here

User Info Menu

I was going to contribute that same one when I saw the title. IMO, that is nicest JP ever made. Would love to see something like that in a production model.

I've also seen different variations of the JPX; sparkle green, some sort of red (sprakle cinnamon red, I think?), and the Mystic Dream variation that was only available in Japan.

User Info Menu

I swear that I seen a tobacco burst JP on here. Can't remember who it was though. It was so awesome!

User Info Menu

Well the original BFR run had a tobacco burst finish, no? I think they then also did a tobacco burst PDN run?

Can anyone verify either statement?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MesaBeno View Post
    Well the original BFR run had a tobacco burst finish, no? I think they then also did a tobacco burst PDN run?

Can anyone verify either statement?
    Oh I did not know that! I've only been part of the JP family for about six months, so there's a lot left to learn for me!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Those are beautiful! How does one come to own a custom?? You pretty much have to be an artist, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CodyWaggoner View Post
    Those are beautiful! How does one come to own a custom?? You pretty much have to be an artist, right?

Yep! That, or be lucky enough to find one that an artist has sold. I have seen quite a number of those floating around.

Saw this one on Facebook today:

User Info Menu

yeah it's an artist only deal. 4 years ago when i started touring with chelsea grin, i never thought i'd own a custom. who would have thought determination and hard work actually pays off? lol
    that stealth x is so sick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christheasian View Post
    yeah it's an artist only deal. 4 years ago when i started touring with chelsea grin, i never thought i'd own a custom. who would have thought determination and hard work actually pays off? lol
    that stealth x is so sick
    I recognize your jps. I think maybe from Facebook?? What band are you with currently?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CodyWaggoner View Post
    I recognize your jps. I think maybe from Facebook?? What band are you with currently?

a band called the new low
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEEsEmY5j8

User Info Menu

Custom colors to me are distinctly different than rare colors. Even rare colors aren't custom beyond a BFR run, no?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone customize their JP (i.e. paint it).
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

There have been lots of opportunities for rare and/or custom finishes over the years - short lived BFR colors, PDNs, Guitar Center special runs, hand signed runs, forum runs (the Dargies), NAMM samples, CLB auctions, and of course th artist prototypes and one-offs. As far as people customizing, there's been that too - Pete did a couple, there was a glow in the dark swirl that I think Norrin Radd did, then a few other 'refurbs'.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeVt; 07-06-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)