Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting

User Info Menu

So nobody has no information at all about the MM factory.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    So nobody has no information at all about the MM factory.
    Try calling them and making your case?
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Attachment 30390

Still don't know what to do ...but this add at the Venitian in Las Vegas wants me to ride to San Luis Obispo...
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

As far as I know, they don't generally do tours (they are busy!) But only they know for sure ... I would call someone in customer service and ask.

User Info Menu

Did the fire in Big Sur impact your plans?
    Its raging and is a week old and sounds ominous.

Hate seeing that area harmed
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Still in San Francisco. Going down tomorrow
    We will see. I'll mort certainly drive to the MM factory. Just to see it from the parking lot.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    Whilst on the subject of "visiting" has anybody out there been to Gracelands Memphis ?

If so are the passes worth buying or is it best just to rock up?
    Yep, I'm about an hour from Graceland. Its been years since I've been there but I t's worth seeing. Matter of fact, we may go next time we're in Memphis just because I've not seen it in a good while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Well, I've been to the MM factory and, as stated before, they don't do tours.

I wasn't even allowed to take a picture inside; the gentleman at the reception was very polite and helpful but there was no room for discussion.

The huge outside factory door was open and I could have taken pictures but out of respect, I didn't.

Of course I'm a bit disapointed but can't complain : I HAD BEEN WARNED before! MM are are in the guitar producing business not in the tourist entertainment.

It was only a 10 minutes drive on my way from San Simeon to LA so I have no regrets : I still saw where these fantastic guitars are produced and I'm looking forward to receiving my PDN 2016.

Attachment 30434
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 08-04-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Maybe it's time they reconsider that stance. I guess it would have to be a business decision , but it could be even be an income generator. I'd pay to see part of the inner workings or some little guitar museum or something - like a room full of old prototypes or something. I'd part with my cash for that. Maybe it could be something on,y open X number of days per yer. I dunno, just seems like if a guy is over from Belgium and is an advocate of the product, a little special treatment would be good business. But then of course everyone wants special treatment. Tough to find the line