Not electric until you plug it in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting

User Info Menu

Visiting

I'm leaving Belgium tomorrow to tour the west coast of the USA.

I'll be really close to the MM factory (20 miles).

Is it worth the road? (As there are no factory tours)
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Time well spent would be a drive up the coast from there on highway 1. Cambria's moonstone beach, followed by Big Sur and then the carmel/Monterey peninsula area.
    Gas the car up and go. Unspoiled area among the few remaining along californias coast line.
    Also south of there around santa barbara area.
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Thanks Keith I sure will visit Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur etc... on my way down from San-Fransisco.

But... It kinda bugs me to be so close to the MM factory and not see it
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Be sure to see Point Lobos State Reserve a few miles south of Carmel. $10 US to get in but its an absolutely wonderful meeting of land and sea with hiking trails and amazing views in all directions. (probably the best tip i can think of for places around there, though just about everything around there is jaw dropping beautiful)

Go early as parking fills up fast during summer months. And its better when fewer people are there
    Last edited by kbaim; 07-18-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    KEITH

User Info Menu

Awesome trip you are planning! lucky you!

If you visit Napa Valley close to San Francisco, stop by the Mesa Boogie Factory.

Google Maps

Pretty cool and they are super friendly.

User Info Menu

Yeah great trip all round California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, ...

I missed America so much!

Mesa - Boogie is a great suggestion...It's just that I've sold all my amps (including Boogies) to go Fractal...

So MusicMan factory or not?
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

I'm thinking about going Fractal too ... just needed to find someone to sell my ENGL InVader 100 too.

Have a safe trip. I live on the East coast and hope to get out West soon.
    2005 Steve Morse - Color: Vintage Sunburst - SN: G26981 - DOB: 01/24/2005
    2010 Steve Morse with Floyd - Color: Morse Blueburst - SN: G51507 - DOB: 10/14/2010

Ernie Ball Music Man Endorsed Artist

OurAfter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Thanks Keith I sure will visit Carmel, Monterey, Big Sur etc... on my way down from San-Fransisco.

But... It kinda bugs me to be so close to the MM factory and not see it
    Drive down to Pismo beach. If you drive up on 101, not Hwy 1, stop by Pinnacles. San Simeon Hearst Castle along Hwy 1 is worth one visit. If you continue south on Hwy 101 from San Luis Obispo forwards, do a quick detour to Solvang. Best danishes in California :-).

User Info Menu

Mesa - Boogie is a great suggestion...It's just that I've sold all my amps (including Boogies) to go Fractal...

You might want to call, they haven't been doing tours, but maybe if you mention your a KnuckleHead, they might give you a small tour or something? If not a tour, just ask to see the Vault.

Good luck, enjoy, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Where are you going in AZ? Lot's of great stuff to see there too, but this time of year I'd stay above the rim. It's f-ing blazing in the low country right now and a bloke from Belgium would melt in Phoenix/Tucson/Yuma this month. Vegas for that matter too. Next week hi's pushing 110F (43c) or over every day. My swimming pool is over 90 (32C)!

However, North of the rim is absolutely beautiful right now. Did some 4th of July shows up in the Springerville, Show Low, White Mountain area and it's glorious in the higher elevations.

I think Fender has a custom shop museum at their Corona location. Its worth the time.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post

I think Fender has a custom shop museum at their Corona location. Its worth the time.
    I visited the Fender Custom shop/museum two years ago wearing a Music Man T-Shirt :-).

User Info Menu

Nice!
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LegGodt View Post
    I'm thinking about going Fractal too ... just needed to find someone to sell my ENGL InVader 100 too.

Have a safe trip. I live on the East coast and hope to get out West soon.
    Yea you can't go wrong with fractal audio I've had there units for 4 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Whilst on the subject of "visiting" has anybody out there been to Gracelands Memphis ?

If so are the passes worth buying or is it best just to rock up?
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Hearing about a fire near Garrapata state park south of Carmel area near coast (still small as of this post).
    May make coastal going slow or dangerous.
    KEITH