EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Strings gauges for JP6 D standard tune

User Info Menu

Strings gauges for JP6 D standard tune

Just proud owner of a Neptune Bfr JP6...
    I have a problem of tuning stability with 10-48 strings in D Standard. I think that this gauges is too light for a no-locking tremolo system. According to your experience which gauges assure tunining stability in D standard?

User Info Menu

I go up a gauge for every half steps:
    11s for Eb
    12s for D
    13s for Db and lower.

But whatever works for you; it'll certainly take time and tweaks to get it right. I also never experienced tuning stability issues due to string gauge or locking vs. non-locking tremolos. It's usually a setup and stringing issue.

User Info Menu

I use regular 10s and play in D standard. I have zero tubing issues. My balls are perfect
    EBMM Majesty Polar Noir
    EBMM Majesty Monarchy Black Knight

User Info Menu

mmm... ok I have to set it better. Thank you for your replies!

User Info Menu

I'm using 11-54 Cobalt Beefy Slinky's for D Standard on my Neptune Blue JP. For Drop D I use the Regular 10-46 Set.
    I think the Cobalt Strings really compliment the Mahagony Roasted Maple Combo.
    It took a while to get it all Set Up correctly, but it plays fluid and easy now.
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

FYI:

I tried to use the gauge 11-50 instead of 10-48 but the problem was still there.

I solved the problem using the lighter gauge 10-13-17-26-36-46 . I think that the nut slots are too tight. I noticed that the 4th low string with gauge 30 was a bit difficult to pull away from the nut.