BFR Feb 2020

Thread: Silo special pickguard with harness and silent circuit.

User Info Menu

Silo special pickguard with harness and silent circuit.

Hi guys. Hoping you can help. I'm chasing a fully wired silo special HSS pickuard ( including silent circuit ). I just bought a silo special from a store. The store owner's personal axe. Unfortunately he had installed a emg humbucker in the bridge, which meant cutting the guard to suit. I'd love to restore this to original. I have the original pups......but need the rest. Customer service wont help, unless i buy it fully wired with pups. Right...like i need 2 sets of pups. Any clues would be appreciated. Cheers. Paul.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pee.gee View Post
    Hi guys. Hoping you can help. I'm chasing a fully wired silo special HSS pickuard ( including silent circuit ). I just bought a silo special from a store. The store owner's personal axe. Unfortunately he had installed a emg humbucker in the bridge, which meant cutting the guard to suit. I'd love to restore this to original. I have the original pups......but need the rest. Customer service wont help, unless i buy it fully wired with pups. Right...like i need 2 sets of pups. Any clues would be appreciated. Cheers. Paul.
    Ebay is your best bet in this case.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

Contact Customer Service, you can buy the assemblies right from them.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

You can buy custom pickguards online from Chandlers Pickguard heaven. As for a silent circuit, they'll be hard to find. However, with standard Silo Special wiring the silent circuit is only used in position 5, the neck pickup. The stock single coils are not particularly noisy and the silent circuit is not 100% effective, so I'd say build the pickguard without silent circuit and live wih the hum for now and rewire later when you find one.

Or, replace the stock single coils with noiseless singles, perhaps DiMarzio Area 61, or Area 58.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Silo special pickguard with harness and silent circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    You can buy custom pickguards online from Chandlers Pickguard heaven. As for a silent circuit, they'll be hard to find. However, with standard Silo Special wiring the silent circuit is only used in position 5, the neck pickup. The stock single coils are not particularly noisy and the silent circuit is not 100% effective, so I'd say build the pickguard without silent circuit and live wih the hum for now and rewire later when you find one.

Or, replace the stock single coils with noiseless singles, perhaps DiMarzio Area 61, or Area 58.
    The Area idea might be the best option. Thank you.

User Info Menu

im trying to wire back a silo hss to original, how is your project going? luckyly i have the pots switch and silent circuit but no wiring diagram... any info i get, i could share it if you want. ill keep an eye anyway!

User Info Menu

Customer service will send you a wiring diagram if you ask.

User Info Menu

pee.gee sent you a PM - I may have what you need.