Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings. I'm one of you now.

Question Greetings. I'm one of you now.

Brett Kingman at your service. Youtube obsessive, old session hack, Aussie touring gun. Now an EBMM permanent flag bearer and very proud of it too. You will see me stick my inquisitive head in here from time to time and maybe I can help some of you with some stuff too. One question I have right off the bat, however: How the hell do I remove the protective saddle plate from a Cutlass vintage trem to adjust the intonation? Or have I missed something? It doesn't necessarily need it at the moment, but if it does..?

Cheers, B.

Welcome Brett!!!
    I've been watching and enjoying your video reviews for a few years now, and you always do a great job!
    I saw this one (above) when I got home last night and was going to post / share it here.
    All of the EBMM instruments are top notch... they are addictive.
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Great to welcome you. I've watched so many of your videos!

MM and Fractal are such a great match!

You'll LOVE the AL model!!!!
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 08-26-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS PDN 2014 Neptune Blue
    AL HH PDN 2016 Starry Night
    AL MM90 Black

Welcome Brett - like the others I have watched your many of your videos!!!

As far as adjusting intonation - it is done by inserting a hex tool in the openings on the backside of the bridge plate. I can't remember off had what the exact size is however.

Cheers!!! Enjoy the Cutlass
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 SSH Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM JP6 (Mystic Dream Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

Well... you're *really* one of us when you see a guitar without a 4+2 headstock and you think THAT guitar looks funny.

Welcome aboard!!!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

Welcome to the forum family, Brett!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeller View Post
    As far as adjusting intonation - it is done by inserting a hex tool in the openings on the backside of the bridge plate. I can't remember off had what the exact size is however.
    If it's the same size as the Majesty intonation screws, it's 5/64" allen key. Yes, annoying that's an imperial size and not metric, but if it helps, it's the same size as the little allen screws on chrome/black dome knobs for volume/tone controls. 2 mm allen key is only half a hair bigger and may work too.

Oh, and for future reference, here are the MM instrument tool sizes...

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...tml#post920311
    Last edited by DrKev; 08-26-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Welcome! Nice tone!
    2001 Axis Super Sport Pearl Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Welcome to the forum, Brett!

I've been a subscriber on your YouTube channel for a long time now. Glad to see you've come around to finding how wonderful Music Man guitars are!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

Thank you all for the kind welcome, advice and unexpected support for my little labour-of-love Youtube channel. I think I'm going to like it here a lot.

Could I impose with one more question, please? The guitar shipped with a 'Regular Slinky' hangtag on the machines which are 10-46, right? Yet the specs on the Cutlass website page states M-Steel Hybrid Slinky #2922. Could someone from EBMM clarify, please? I'd like to maintain the gauge that the guitar was set up for. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Could I impose with one more question, please? The guitar shipped with a 'Regular Slinky' hangtag on the machines which are 10-46, right? Yet the specs on the Cutlass website page states M-Steel Hybrid Slinky #2922. Could someone from EBMM clarify, please? I'd like to maintain the gauge that the guitar was set up for. Thanks.
    My guess, and this purely speculation, is that the website is likely correct. There's not many guitars leaving the factory (or at least there haven't been in the past) strung with hybrids of any kind, let alone M-steels. My guess is that the tag is just a pack in item/placeholder until some proper ones are made OR it just got in there by mistake. Still, if I were a betting man, I'd guess your Cutlass came with the hybrid M-Steels.

Not sure if anyone from EBMM will chime in before business hours on Monday, although those guys can (and DO) hang out here at all hours of the day on any day! This is a very well attended/maintained forum by admins.

Again, welcome aboard Brett! Happy to have you here.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post
    My guess, and this purely speculation, is that the website is likely correct. There's not many guitars leaving the factory (or at least there haven't been in the past) strung with hybrids of any kind, let alone M-steels. My guess is that the tag is just a pack in item/placeholder until some proper ones are made OR it just got in there by mistake. Still, if I were a betting man, I'd guess your Cutlass came with the hybrid M-Steels.

Not sure if anyone from EBMM will chime in before business hours on Monday, although those guys can (and DO) hang out here at all hours of the day on any day! This is a very well attended/maintained forum by admins.

Again, welcome aboard Brett! Happy to have you here.
    Thanks, Greg. My suspicions are that you are completely correct and someone with your length of experience in all things EBMM would certainly know. I've registered the guitar and in doing so received the automated reply from Scott whom I've also asked. So we'll know for sure, perhaps in a day or so. Again, many thanks.

My guess is that the website is incorrect. Certainly would not be the first time, and hybrid Slinkys would be an unusual choice on a stock regular production instrument.

And that Cutlass sounds gorgeous in your hands! I'm starting to get over my not-very-like of the body/pickguard shape. WOW!
    Last edited by DrKev; 08-26-2016 at 09:05 PM.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    My guess is that the website is incorrect. Certainly would not be the first time, and hybrid Slinkys would be an unusual choice on a stock regular production instrument.

And that Cutlass sounds gorgeous in your hands! I'm starting to get over my not-very-like of the body/pickguard shape. WOW!
    Thanks! It is a great guitar, for sure. Can't wait to supplement it with something with gruntier pickups like the ALHH (hoping, soon...!).

The website states that the Cutlass ships with the hybrid M-Steels. The guitar's hangtag was for Regular Slinkys, though. So I'm a little confused now. Ha! They feel like 9-46 which would be the hybrids, I guess.

Here's another vid with the Cutlass. I'm guessing there's a proper place to post these. I'd better check that out because there will be dozens to follow. Have a great weekend everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Thanks! It is a great guitar, for sure. Can't wait to supplement it with something with gruntier pickups like the ALHH (hoping, soon...!).

The website states that the Cutlass ships with the hybrid M-Steels. The guitar's hangtag was for Regular Slinkys, though. So I'm a little confused now. Ha! They feel like 9-46 which would be the hybrids, I guess.
    You can NOT imagine how much you'd love the ALHH!!!

Thanks for sharing the preset, I love it!
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 08-27-2016 at 01:59 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS PDN 2014 Neptune Blue
    AL HH PDN 2016 Starry Night
    AL MM90 Black