Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Amp - should go digital modelling?

I voted for Kemper some time ago lol U should check out AmpliFire, great piece of gear for the reasonable price... Kemper and Ax8 are both great units... Here`s AF

Atomic AmpliFIRE KornField (Cornford) - YouTube

You should go tube - and buy my tube amps since I don't use them now that I have an Axe/FX!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

Update.

I sold my Fractal AX8 because this great sounding machine is just a pain to set up on a stage : the UI is ridiculously unlogical and the gameboy screen is so "Back to the future".

Now, hit me Fractal gang.

Went back to an amp and pedal... but boy, did I miss the convenience of an "all in one" solution.

Gonna purchase the Headrush this afternoon...

Time wil tell!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Good luck on the Headrush.

I haven't yet used my Helix on stage, but I am finally getting somewhere with eventually getting there. Time is a commodity anymore, but a real revelation came last week when I figured out how I could set it up to have access to 8 presets with the touch of one button, so now i am getting somewhere!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    Fully Loaded)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

with JP6 I was digital with Line 6 and now higher end pedals through SS22, and now I am going back to digital with a Fractal AX8. A counterpart has one and will tutor me and its incredible ! I will run it through the new line6 power cab 112 not there yet but happening soon. reason being is ease of use and seemingly limitless possibilities and yes I will be using it live with maybe 4 go to settings/scenes / just my 2 cents, as my setting scene selection will be quite small and preset for the same thing all the time
    Last edited by click track; 04-24-2018 at 08:30 AM.

I'm so analog now it hurts. The digital stuff just doesn't have any depth to me. For reverbs, digital is great, but I prefer analog for every other effect and especially amps. I waited so long to get a real, high quality tube amp and I can't imagine turning back. Granted, I've never played with a Axe-FX, but people seem to love it.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

Amp - should go digital modelling?

As I may have mentioned previously, EBMM guitars have pretty much made me disinterested in even looking at other brands and the Helix has caused me to have little to no interest in amps and pedals. I seriously have very little interest in the guitar shops any more. Lol. The Helix is so darned versatile. The previous comment about using the piezo and magnetics simultaneously is a huge benefit and add to it that it has a mic preamp and doubles as a pretty solid recording interface. If mine died, I would not think twice about getting another. I bought it when they were released and have used it on stage weekly ever since. You can always find something you do not like about any piece of gear if you are looking for something but if you embrace the technology and, instead of seeing how close it is to xyz tube amp, see how you can use it to create a pleasing variety of classic and unique tones for YOU, it is a win. That was most certainly a run-on sentence. Lol. Anyway, for me, I would never be able to afford the room full of amps and effects that one rather small box provides me access to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having used some great boogies.... F-50, Mark IV and the most recent Dual Rec Reborn. I made the difficult decision to go back to Fractal. I had an AxeFx II first version and although great, I was using it through a 2x12 recto cab which really limited it's potential.

This time I went with a true FRFR setup, with the Fractal AX8. Having everything I need in an all in one unit just makes it so easy. If you love Petrucci tones, then the Mark IIC++ amp/with recto cab (or any cab you like), will surely get you everything you need.

Check this out:
    Fractal Audio USA IIC++ Tips and Tricks - YouTube

Hr is ridiculously easy to program, sounds great, but it is biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTR1 View Post
    Having used some great boogies.... F-50, Mark IV and the most recent Dual Rec Reborn. I made the difficult decision to go back to Fractal. I had an AxeFx II first version and although great, I was using it through a 2x12 recto cab which really limited it's potential.

This time I went with a true FRFR setup, with the Fractal AX8. Having everything I need in an all in one unit just makes it so easy. If you love Petrucci tones, then the Mark IIC++ amp/with recto cab (or any cab you like), will surely get you everything you need.

Check this out:
    Fractal Audio USA IIC++ Tips and Tricks - YouTube
    Mystic , what kind of FRFR you went with AX 8 ?
    Thanks for sharing the tone tutorial , some nice sounds there !
    2007 Rad Red LUKE
    2008 Tobacco Burst Axis
    2013 Bodhi Blue LIII hss

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    Mystic , what kind of FRFR you went with AX 8 ?
    Thanks for sharing the tone tutorial , some nice sounds there !

I'm using the Paradigm Audio active 40's. They have been discontinued but they retailed for around $2200, got them at a yard sale for $150. They are loud!!!!!! There are probably better options but for the price and the sound I get, I have no justification for upgrading.

If I didn't have the paradigms I would probably go this route:

Yamaha DXR10 1100W 10" Powered Speaker | Sweetwater

Cheers
    Matt

I was in the same boat last year, Had 2 65 deluxe reverbs for gigging. Too loud at home. I was always a Fender tube guy for over 50 years, it was a hard choice but I went with the Helix LT. Now when I play in worship band I can show up with my MM and a backpack and know exactly what it will sound like every time. Helix has a huge on line presence and many excellent patches can be downloaded for free or cheap if you don't want to do a bunch of tweaking.

Dave

Please pardon my ignorance, but my impression of Line 6 gear is still from the 2000s. I always thought their stuff sounded truly terrible. Is there newer gear better than the old? I could just have weird ears though, some people loved the old gear they made.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but my impression of Line 6 gear is still from the 2000s. I always thought their stuff sounded truly terrible. Is there newer gear better than the old? I could just have weird ears though, some people loved the old gear they made.
    It is sooooo much better in every conceivable way than anything from the 2000s. I hated modelers... I begrudgingly used a Line 6 HD500 because our worship leader wanted to better control stage volume. It was ok but felt lacking stacked next to my Mesas and analog effects. The Helix is pro level gear. You really should try one. Our other guitarist (a bonified tube snob), after having to hear mine for the last couple years, just bought one and I have not seen him so excited. Of course I had done a lot of the work for him in setting up a lot of presets and patches for the tunes we do. The tone is there and it is consistent gig after gig after gig. I held on to my analog gear for a good while in fear that something would present itself that would turn me off to it. I have now sold or traded most of my old gear.

Last edited by mrmckinney; 05-02-2018 at 10:59 PM.

... if I could choose from any current production amp rig, I would still choose Helix based on my my experience thus far (I bought mine within a month or two of the release hoping for something better than the HD500).
    I have sold my Fender Deluxe Reverb, Fender Champ, Fender Vibrasonic, Supro Jupiter, Mesa Tremoverb, Mesa Electradyne, Mesa Triaxis and 2:90, and Peavey Classic 50 in favor of the Helix at this point. It is certainly controversial but I would choose it over AxFx or Kemper simply due to the platform (I do not want a rack based rig and the AX8 doesn’t come close in the interface department... my opinion of course). I know little about the HeadRush but it seems that the Helix has more features to me.

Honestly, radrock, in your line of work, the Helix (or AxFx) could provide you with sooooo many options in one platform.

Last edited by mrmckinney; 05-02-2018 at 10:11 PM.