VPJR Tuner Launch
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Installing tremolo arm on Majesty Artisan

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Installing tremolo arm on Majesty Artisan

    Hey guys,

    First time poster here. I just picked up my brand new Majesty Artisan in Viola from my local Guitar Center, and I'm loving it. However, I'm a bit confused about how to install the tremolo arm (mine came with it off). The arm on my Sterling JP50 just screws in clockwise, but the Majesty doesn't appear to work the same way. Is this some sort of adjustment that needs to be performed in the back cavity? Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafaryus View Post
    Hey guys,

    First time poster here. I just picked up my brand new Majesty Artisan in Viola from my local Guitar Center, and I'm loving it. However, I'm a bit confused about how to install the tremolo arm (mine came with it off). The arm on my Sterling JP50 just screws in clockwise, but the Majesty doesn't appear to work the same way. Is this some sort of adjustment that needs to be performed in the back cavity? Any help would be much appreciated.
    It snaps in. Just slide it in, when it bottoms out, give it a push with your thumb, and you should hear a click/pop sound, and it's in.

    There is a screw adjustment for the rotational resistance.
    2014 Majesty - Polar Noir
    2000 Axis - Trans Gold

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bhull View Post
    It snaps in. Just slide it in, when it bottoms out, give it a push with your thumb, and you should hear a click/pop sound, and it's in.

    There is a screw adjustment for the rotational resistance.
    Hmmm, mine doesn't appear to snap in... As a matter of fact, it barely goes in at all. It feels like something is blocking it, and I don't want to force anything.

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Nafaryus View Post
    Hmmm, mine doesn't appear to snap in... As a matter of fact, it barely goes in at all. It feels like something is blocking it, and I don't want to force anything.

    I wonder if the above mentioned adjustment screw needs to be backed off..kind of sounds like it could be preventing the trem arm from going in.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    It might sounds a little odd, but I promise you that many people have come to the forum and asked the same question, not realising that you sometimes have to push quite hard to get it in there.

    And welcome to the forum, by the way!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

    Click here for my EBMM photo ablumbs


    Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service


  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    It might sounds a little odd, but I promise you that many people have come to the forum and asked the same question, not realising that you sometimes have to push quite hard to get it in there.

    And welcome to the forum, by the way!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

    Honestly, it feels like I might break something if I press the bar in too hard. A friend of mine who owns a BFR was telling me that there is a little screw underneath the tail piece that you can adjust to get it to go in, but the only problem is that you need to depress the bar in order to reveal it, and obviously I can't do that!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    I would call customer service and let them talk you thru it.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)


    www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    You should be able to see straight into the hole, there are no obstructions. Perhaps you have the wrong whammy. Is it gold?
    Majesty 6
    Parker Maxxfly 7
    Parker Nitefly
    Ibanez UV777

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieCrain View Post
    You should be able to see straight into the hole, there are no obstructions. Perhaps you have the wrong whammy. Is it gold?
    Yep, it is the correct gold one.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums