Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Valentine's neck profile?

User Info Menu

Valentine's neck profile?

Hi folks. Don't post much here although i occasionally lurk. Own and have owned at least a dozen EBMMs over the years, ALs being my favorite and my number one among other brands I currently own. Interested in the Valentine but there's no local place to try one out. Curious what the neck depth is at 1st and 12th frets. Same as EBMMAL? Deeper? shallower? If anyone knows depth dimension I'd be obliged if you'd share. Thanks--

User Info Menu

I only got to play the Valentine for a few minutes, but I thought the neck was a little slimmer than the HHAL and a little thicker than the Silo Spec. But totally in the same ball park of each.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black 2HB AL (DOB 12.01.2009)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 3.16.2014)

User Info Menu

Thanks for you reply, Stratty.

User Info Menu

I've never held an Albert Lee... but here are some pics I took this morning of my Valentine. Maybe you can compare if you make the same measurements at the same points on your AL.

Valentine's neck profile?-img_0183-jpgValentine's neck profile?-img_0185-jpgValentine's neck profile?-img_0189-jpgValentine's neck profile?-img_0191-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gary F. View Post
    Hi folks. Don't post much here although i occasionally lurk. Own and have owned at least a dozen EBMMs over the years, ALs being my favorite and my number one among other brands I currently own. Interested in the Valentine but there's no local place to try one out. Curious what the neck depth is at 1st and 12th frets. Same as EBMMAL? Deeper? shallower? If anyone knows depth dimension I'd be obliged if you'd share. Thanks--

User Info Menu

Very nice of you to do that, Richie. Thank you.

User Info Menu

You are very welcome. I am only a novice but am enjoying the Valentine immensely.