Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blast from the past: have you seen this stolen guitar?

User Info Menu

There’s a great video about Billy Corgan being reunited with a guitar that was stolen decades before. Anything is possible!
    https://danielcarlton.bandcamp.com/

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofreq View Post
    There’s a great video about Billy Corgan being reunited with a guitar that was stolen decades before. Anything is possible!
    I saw that. It made me happy and gave me hope. That's one of the nice things about it being such a unique color. Unless it's been refinished, it'll be easy to spot.

User Info Menu

I helped NorM, get back a Silo that was stolen from his friends house, it was complete dumb luck. The more information the better the chances if it ever shows up online.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    I helped NorM, get back a Silo that was stolen from his friends house, it was complete dumb luck. The more information the better the chances if it ever shows up online.

Glenn |B)
    I love stories like these. Still haven't heard back from "guitarcenter." Hopefully he checks back in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daneford View Post
    I love stories like these. Still haven't heard back from "guitarcenter." Hopefully he checks back in.
    Keep us updated. Been following this post for years.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
    Keep us updated. Been following this post for years.
    Thank you sir, and will do.

And while we wait, here's a pic I found not too long ago from shortly after I got it. Must've been around 95-96. Taken with my cell, so apologies for the quality.

Not sure what my brief affinity for UNC basketball was about.

I still have this pickguard/pickups. As mentioned before, I changed it to a white hsh. I kept the case for years, but finally let go of it late last year.

Blast from the past: have you seen this stolen guitar?-20210127_133249-jpg