Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want to pick like Joe Bonamassa, step 1. Buy a Luke!

User Info Menu

Want to pick like Joe Bonamassa, step 1. Buy a Luke!

Okay, so you don't NEED a Luke, but wouldn't you be happier with one?! I made this short video for Instagram but I thought I'd upload it to YT for you lovely people, it is really easy to play the Joe Bonamassa fast stuff, the trick is you gotta be economical, super economical! But it is pretty easy, it can be taught in less than 60 seconds!

User Info Menu

Sky blue Silo.......WANT!!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

A Luke?

You know JoBo was a big fan of the Morse Y2D and is credited with design input on the "Dark Lord" special runs, right?!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

Hey Kevin, would you be aware of any Darklord being built with a trem?
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

Actually, I thought the Dark Lord design was all Joe's idea....then got it approved by BP and SM for production...??
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Hey Kevin, would you be aware of any Darklord being built with a trem?
    I own five of the original run of 70 - so am fairly in tune with that market - and have never heard of a Dark Lord with a trem...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Actually, I thought the Dark Lord design was all Joe's idea....then got it approved by BP and SM for production...??
    I've heard that rumor, but I'm just an Internet Desk Jockey and certainly can't say...

Maybe BP will chime in? And even offer a teaser on the 30th anniversary Morse that's been hinted at?

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Sky blue Silo.......WANT!!!
    I want a sky Blue Luke 3, if Ernie Ball Musicman ever allowed me to have a custom guitar it would just be a LIII in Sky Blue!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kestrou View Post
    A Luke?

You know JoBo was a big fan of the Morse Y2D and is credited with design input on the "Dark Lord" special runs, right?!

Kevin

Yes, Sir! We all know he prefers EBMM to Gibson, who wouldn't?! He should just embrace the Dark side and use the Dark Lord! One day, maybe...

User Info Menu

I've heard that rumor, but I'm just an Internet Desk Jockey and certainly can't say...

Maybe BP will chime in? And even offer a teaser on the 30th anniversary Morse that's been hinted at?

Kevin

yeah!!! BP? Also, while answering that very good and important question regarding the 30th Anniversary Morse, what do I need to do in order to get access to a custom coloured L3?

User Info Menu

I own five of the original run of 70 - so am fairly in tune with that market - and have never heard of a Dark Lord with a trem...

Kevin
    Thanks. I asked you because you are the Master of the Morse.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mike_baugh View Post
    yeah!!! BP? Also, while answering that very good and important question regarding the 30th Anniversary Morse, what do I need to do in order to get access to a custom coloured L3?
    Sell more albums I guess or tour in larger venues. Offer a better visibility to MM. I'll dream of a BFR AL HH in champain sparkle... until I die.
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 12-22-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red

User Info Menu

Great playing ... but shouldn't we be crediting the quintuplets lick to Eric Johnson?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Sell more albums I guess or tour in larger venues. Offer a better visibility to MM. I'll dream of a BFR AL HH in champain sparkle... until I die.
    Sound advice! Although I've sold almost every CD I've ever had printed as well as a LOT of iTunes downloads all around the globe, I advertise EBMM to 200 guitar students and 50+ colleagues every month and my instagram, and Facebook is just full of EBMM content (as well as my debut album cover, and my next album cover!) I've also had my guitars in the hands of people like: Andy Timmons, Paul Gilbert, Christophe Godin, Guthrie Govan, Alex Hutchings, Uli Jon Roth to name just a small handful! Next year I'm gigging the new album all over (that's probably where I'm currently lacking) with a rather large band that includes a string quartet among other things!

I'm so glad you bought this up! BP might see this and go "ah, this kid's alright, lets kit him up with a sky blue luke" LOL! If that happens I owe you a beer at the very least

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Great playing ... but shouldn't we be crediting the quintuplets lick to Eric Johnson?

Alright, alright! "how to pick like that thieving git, Joe Bonamassa" :P