Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Nylon saddles on a EBMM Morse

Nylon saddles on a EBMM Morse

Somewhere I read an interview with Steve Morse where he commented on his old Tele frankenstein and the change that nylon saddles made to its tone. I took it to mean that the nylon saddles worked in a good way and it wasn't the same with the metal saddles.

So then I saw a Tonepros ABR replacement with their nylon saddles which they say are based on the old Gibson ABR that I assume Steve was talking about. Has anyone tried these on the Ernie Ball Morse model? I'm pretty happy with things as they are but I've had some saddle rattle at times. I may give the nylon saddle replacement a shot.

Found the comment from one of the old threads. Here it is:

Steve Morse's thoughts on guitar construction

I went ahead and bought a tonepros g-formula nylon abr bridge on reverb just to satisfy my own curiosity to see if it sounds any different than the stock one. I'll post my thoughts when I get it next week.

Nylon saddles on a EBMM Morse-img_0461-jpg

It's in as of this afternoon and I'm liking the sound. You'd think that it would soften it, but I'm not noticing that. Will continue to try it out.

this is interesting. isnīt nylon a rather soft materiel? Iīm curios how it deals with the tension of the strings
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

Just read in latest Vintage Guitar magazine interview with Mr. Morse that he ordered a bridge with nylon saddles like he used with the Dregs in the old days for use in his EBMM guitar for the recent Dregs reunion shows.

Thatīs interesting!

Another question: the tip of your pickup selector switch looks like on Steveīs guitar or like on the very old ones?
    Do you have one of the olds or where did you get this switch from? Thanks!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

It's one that I bought used. I looked up the year once but I can't recall it now. It's a 6 screw neck so it's the original style. I assume the switches are all original but don't know that for certain.

BTw, I actually took the nylon bridge off of mine and put it on a different guitar. I went back to the original ABR bridge with the metal saddles.

I haven't pulled it out in a while. Might have to give it a go soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jwp333 View Post
    It's one that I bought used. I looked up the year once but I can't recall it now. It's a 6 screw neck so it's the original style. I assume the switches are all original but don't know that for certain.

BTw, I actually took the nylon bridge off of mine and put it on a different guitar. I went back to the original ABR bridge with the metal saddles.

I haven't pulled it out in a while. Might have to give it a go soon.
    I wish I could find another 6 bolt for sale......
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.