Straps 2020
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Albert Lee MM90 advice.

User Info Menu

Just bought a MM90 on Reverb. Just received it. Wow what a solid instrument. Canít wait to check this out.
    Last edited by Elecmed1; 07-11-2020 at 10:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elecmed1 View Post
    Just bought a MM90 on Reverb. Just received it. Wow what a solid instrument. Can’t wait to check this out.
    We can't wait to see pics!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Just bought a MM90 on Reverb. Just received it. Wow what a solid instrument. Can’t wait to check this out.
    Congrats but it doesn’t exist without pictures!!! The MM90’s are my favorite pickups.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Albert Lee MM90 advice.-3ab83f9d-05a4-43b5-b1b7-7095aceff3cd-jpg

So reading this post I am in total agreement. It fits right in between the Les Paul and Strat. Clean it is very beautiful sounding. And I have been trying to understand it with my overdrives (Tube Screamer and El Jeffe). Itís like because it sounds different than the other guitars, I have to understand the overdrive tone. That just happened while playing today.

User Info Menu

Albert Lee MM90 advice.-3ab83f9d-05a4-43b5-b1b7-7095aceff3cd-jpg

So reading this post I am in total agreement. It fits right in between the Les Paul and Strat. Clean it is very beautiful sounding. And I have been trying to understand it with my overdrives (Tube Screamer and El Jeffe). Itís like because it sounds different than the other guitars, I have to understand the overdrive tone. That just happened while playing today.
    I had seen this on Reverb, nice snag!!! You going to do a repaint???

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

The MM90's (and many other P90's as well) react differently with gain than 'regular' pickups. Experiment with knobs/settings on your amps/pedals and the guitar... that thing -will- rock!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    The MM90's (and many other P90's as well) react differently with gain than 'regular' pickups. Experiment with knobs/settings on your amps/pedals and the guitar... that thing -will- rock!
    No Iím not going to refinish it. Itís very nice as it is. Everything is perfect on this guitar. The setup and tremolo are very good. I really like the tremolo, it is so sensitive as compared to my Strat. The paint chipping does not bother me at all and when you want refinish work done you loose the guitar for so long. I have always wanted a vos lp but I think that this mm equals or surpasses lpís. I canít believe the quality, you just feel it in the guitar. I will still look for another lp but now I will not get one until I find the right one and it doesnít have to be vos, just sound and play good. The workmanship is incredible on this guitar.

User Info Menu

Albert Lee MM90 advice.-1f675b94-4d59-4fcb-b98f-fb3069ad8083-jpg

User Info Menu

I took me a while to educate my ears and my gear to MM90. It rocks for sure. I LOVE it now.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

The big plus about that is you can comfortably play it without worrying about those pesky scratches...
    "scars are like tattoos, but with better stories..."

if you haven't already, you might want to check this out - Albert Lee - photos
    ...you'll get it now...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Battle Scars. If it hadn't had a painted head stock I was going to make an offer and do what Jason did and have a repaint done. Nice snag.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I guess my question would be: how close are the MM90 pickups to the classic P-90 sound? Can they Mississippi Queen?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Thanks. I now will do that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    I took me a while to educate my ears and my gear to MM90. It rocks for sure. I LOVE it now.
    Totally agree. So many has it taken me time to understand guitars and amps sound

User Info Menu

The big plus about that is you can comfortably play it without worrying about those pesky scratches...
    "scars are like tattoos, but with better stories..."

if you haven't already, you might want to check this out - Albert Lee - photos
    ...you'll get it now...

True. But as it is it looks great. I am so careful not to damage guitars. But it is definitely a guitar to play!