BFR Feb 2020
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Albert Lee MM90 advice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Albert Lee MM90 advice.-1f675b94-4d59-4fcb-b98f-fb3069ad8083-jpg

Battle Scars. If it hadn't had a painted head stock I was going to make an offer and do what Jason did and have a repaint done. Nice snag.

Glenn |B)
    I liked the painted headstock. Do you just prefer a non painted headstock?

User Info Menu

I prefer matching headstocks on some guitars, but not all. A lot of others don't like them at all ... just personal preference.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elecmed1 View Post
    I liked the painted headstock. Do you just prefer a non painted headstock?
    I'm a non-painted head stock guy myself all the way. I love seeing the wood and I like how it breaks up the head stock, neck and body. I've passed up guitars I've loved because the head stock has been painted. It also probably kept me out of the poor house and kept me married as well, Hahahahahahaha.

My opinion, strip it and just paint the body.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

This ^
    Always prefer a natural headstock. Maybe twice I’ve seen a painted one I liked - the Black Mariposa being one.
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by threeminutesboy View Post
    you can try is to replace the humbuckers in your PDN with Phat Cats. That's easy and reversible
    Phat Cat is a cool pup, but you just can’t beat the M90. There’s a few of us who have removed the M90 bridge pickup from an Axis MM90 (I sold mine to a buddy, sorry) for a Super Distortion, but I’d go with the Ernie Ball M90 over any other P90 pup. They’re worth the hassle of hunting them down (or buying a stock AL M90)
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport MM90
    EBMM Axis Super Sport
    PRS 2006 CE-22

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King