Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NAMM Pictures 2017 - from "The Room"

User Info Menu

I believe you said "hideous", "ill-conceived" and "cheesy".

Seriously, as BP said, they try all kinds of things to see what works. What people forget is that they're not posted here to get our opinions. They're posted to give us a snapshot of things they're trying.

Those kinds of responses just hurt the rest of us ... BP is less likely to give us glimpses of what's behind the curtain.

Anyhow ... moving on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I believe you said "hideous", "ill-conceived" and "cheesy". .
    I did. And it's an opinion, a strong one at most. But neither "violent" nor "aggressive" as BP labelled it. If he sells 1000 of these then good luck to him, it just won't be me buying. Thanks.

User Info Menu

BP and EBMM, I really appreciate these glimpses into your process. I am an architect and will draw/model 50+ options before narrowing it down to a few that best meet the needs of my clients. The best part about guitars are that they atent buildings, or cars for that matter. They are rock & roll and are able to be fun and loud and polarizing. It would be a bland bland world if we were all playing blondes or bursts. I think one of the strengths of EBMM is that it is not burdened by a long history of a certain style (e.g. G & F). Besides, they are owned by a company that is known for pink and neon yellow packaging! More pink guitars!

And in regards to posts and posting opinions - IMHO you should post as if you are speaking to a person face to face. People put a lot of effort into making all of things. You wouldn't walk up to them and tell them that you don't like it. We should all respect their efforts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fender_Champ View Post
    You should post as if you are speaking to a person face to face. People put a lot of effort into making all of things. You wouldn't walk up to them and tell them that you don't like it. We should all respect their efforts.
    Give this man a prize for God's sake!! I mean, you could walk up to the owner of the company and tell him you don't like a guitar or a choice of color, fine... But I sure as hell don't imagine many "tough guys" saying "that's just hideous and ill-conceived" to someone face to face!
    Sorry beej and DrKev for stirring the pot, but these things do get on my nerves.

User Info Menu

Civility is a lost art...

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

User Info Menu

I concur. Common courtesy and mature behavior is fading in this modern world.
    However, it is kind of fun to occasionally watch the kids embarrass themselves...

That said, I wouldn't buy one of these myself, but I dig the fact that they exist! And would love to see one in action on stage!!

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Ok apologies everyone. I didn't realise that voicing my frank and honest opinion about a guitar I love, in a finish I don't like at all, would cause such a problem. Next time I will choose my words more carefully.
    Majesty 6
    Parker Maxxfly 7
    Parker Nitefly
    Ibanez UV777

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JamieCrain View Post
    Ok apologies everyone. I didn't realise that voicing my frank and honest opinion about a guitar I love, in a finish I don't like at all, would cause such a problem. Next time I will choose my words more carefully.
    I'm not offended, and I plan on rockin' a gold/yellow one!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Absolutely feel free to voice your opinion, but also choose your words carefully. Unlike a lot of other forums out there that are just free-for-alls, this place is a family gathering. Just be polite & respectful.
    That's what makes this forum so wonderful....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Geez. I came back to this topic to see the amazing pictures from "the room" to read through this. Shaking head. Thanks for the pictures, i'd really enjoy having the all rosewood neck cutlass on my wall. All the other guitars are amazing in their own ways.
    2009: JP6 w/BFR Rosewood Neck - Ice Blue
    2010: Silhouette HSH w/Matching Neck - Black
    2010: Ernie Ball WAH - Black/Green and smooth like silk
    2011: Sterling H w/Matching Neck - Black

User Info Menu

Can I have a sparkle majesty???? Woah!!!! And love those Cutlass. Thank you very much for a the nice photos.
    Last edited by benoa; 01-28-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typos

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot for sharing Pete!!

Great chance for all non-dealers to take an inside look at what the guys at EBMM crafted this year.

By the way, those Majesties... They look like super-sparkling candy begging you to kiss them, eat them, love them =D
    Last edited by johnnyboogie; 01-28-2017 at 08:44 AM.

User Info Menu

OMG ! - I want them all!!!- So many the spurl is amazing, loving the black hardware too... so many W O N D E R F U L Choices....
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

NOW YOU TELL ME! Wowzers! This is gorgeous.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

Ready to sell me the natural Valentine you just got??
    Balls are Best!!