Flat Ribbon

Thread: Albert Lee HH availability?

User Info Menu

Albert Lee HH availability?

Hi all - first post. Thanks for having me.

In the market for a new guitar, and have always liked the AL HH. However, I'm having trouble finding one - new or used. The big online retailers seem to have pulled the listing. Has the product been discontinued or do I just need to look more?

User Info Menu

Really? It's still a production item and should be available anywhere. If you email the customer service folks, they can help you find one new in your area. (Link is in my signature.)

They also pop up used regularly. There's one right now in the guitars for sale thread. (Disclaimer: I'm selling that one.)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions. Will reach out to to MM. But seriously, no joke. All of the big online guys (not sure I'm allowed to post links, but you likely know who I'm referring to) have it listed anymore. All are 'no longer available at XYZ'.

User Info Menu

Check this one - a used one at GC. My last MM was this exact model and it's a tone monster! The color of this one is actually called Trans Walnut. Have them send you some more pics. The one here is awful. Also, their grading of the condition of their used stuff is VERY subjective. It may be in much better condition than what they have listed. More pics will tell the tale.

Used Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee Signature Tremolo Electric Guitar Maroon | Guitar Center
    Last edited by edhalen; 02-09-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    EBMM BFR Morse Dark Lord Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    EBMM AL HT Trans Walnut Rosewood Neck S/N G77991 DOB 9/16/16
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Was selling this but having second thoughts at the moment.
    Last edited by beej; 02-09-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Anything you're selling goes in the F/S thread please.
    91 Standard Morse
    2010 Tobacco Al HH
    Prs SC245 Nitro Sunburst 57/08 10 Top
    Prs McCarty Dallas shootout 49#50
    Prs Usa Tremonti 10 Top
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013

Matchless Avalon 30 reverb
    Hardwire-Fulltone-Xotic Pedals
    Bonamassa Wah

User Info Menu

There are almost always a few used ones listed on GC used, and even more on Reverb.
    I know...I'm always on the hunt...

*the one Beej has listed is gorgeous btw...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

When I bought mine last year I gave up trying to find a new one in-stock configured the way I wanted so I just ordered one.

Used AL HH guitars are fairly available in the usual places you would search for used guitars.

User Info Menu

I called one of the big online retailers recently and was told that the Albert Lee HH models are now a special order item, meaning Music Man only builds them upon request. There is a 5-6 month wait, and this particular retailer (think sugar and water) won't allow returns due to it being a special order item.

User Info Menu

I'd been searching for a while for a used one.
    In the UK, I only had a choice of two, of which I bought the blue one (looks white in the photos), and had to travel a fair distance. So I'd agree, it isn't easy.

Good luck with your search.
    Musicman Albert Lee HH | eBay
    Musicman Albert Lee HH | eBay

User Info Menu

Yeah, I hear ya. My HH came from Canada from Stu on the forum here
    My SSS I did get in the uk though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SnowedIn View Post
    I called one of the big online retailers recently and was told that the Albert Lee HH models are now a special order item, meaning Music Man only builds them upon request. There is a 5-6 month wait, and this particular retailer (think sugar and water) won't allow returns due to it being a special order item.
    I believe every guitar from EBMM is a "special order" (or build-to-order) item where the factory is concerned, so what that means is that Sweetwater has decided not to order inventory units of that configuration in advance. But whatever they have in stock today (of any EBMM model) was ordered 3-4 months (typically, I believe) in advance of when it went into their on-hand inventory. The same is true for any other EBMM dealer.

EBMM doesn't want to hold an inventory of completed guitars themselves, or even an inventory of partially completed bodies or necks that aren't sold, so they build to order and ship to their dealers on completion. It's smart capital management on their part, I'd say.
    Last edited by jones4tone; 02-10-2017 at 05:19 AM.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green (incoming)
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo