Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information about MM Silhouette 20th anniversary

Looking better at the pictures it looks like the pick ups are dimarzio paf . Are these the ones which should be originally fitted in the silho 20th anniversary? If yes the only modification this guitar had is the single coil split in the tone knob....so not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by berkleeguitar View Post
    I think the Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs were used in the 25th Anniversary Reflex.
    The 25th Anniversary pickups are the same as the Reflex, HH Gamechanger, Albert Lee HH, Axis, and EVH guitars - custom DiMarzios not available to the public. DiMarzio say the Air Norton and Tone Zone pickups are the closest match.

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...tml#post800635

I'm 99% sure (and happy to be corrected if wrong) that the 36th anniversary PAFs have never been stock in any EBMM guitar.

Now, of the currently available DiMarzio pickups, the 36th Anniversary PAFs are probably the closest match to the original stock 20th Anniversary Silhouette pickups, which an old thread suggests were the Virtual Hot PAF bridge, and Virtual PAF neck.

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...tml#post664375

Quote Originally Posted by gfex View Post
    Looking better at the pictures it looks like the pick ups are dimarzio paf . Are these the ones which should be originally fitted in the silho 20th anniversary? If yes the only modification this guitar had is the single coil split in the tone knob....so not too bad
    Sorry of I missed something but what is it in the pictures that makes these look like DiMarzio PAFs? There are a lot of Dimarzio humbuckers that are visually identical.
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

I did not know that...i thought the zebra look was only for the paf

Hi all
    At the end i purchased the guitar. It arrived a couple of days ago....what to say....simply awesome...the body finishing is amazing....the neck is gorgeous...one of the best neck i have aver played....it made me play better (yesterday night i felt like a guitar hero 😀&#128512. The Pick ups are very nice and warm....not as high output as the jp6 ones...is this normal? However i am very happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gfex View Post
    Hi all
    At the end i purchased the guitar. It arrived a couple of days ago....what to say....simply awesome...the body finishing is amazing....the neck is gorgeous...one of the best neck i have aver played....it made me play better (yesterday night i felt like a guitar hero ����). The Pick ups are very nice and warm....not as high output as the jp6 ones...is this normal? However i am very happy!!!
    Congratulations!

The original PAF pickups are low output humbuckers, so yes, much quieter than the JP6 pickups.
    An Irishman in Paris...

Thank you!!! They also have a twangy sound (....similar to a single)..isnt't it?

Twangy? Compared to the JP6 pickups, maybe, but not compared to a single coil.

Reverb's Classic Electric Guitar Pickup Shootout - YouTube
    An Irishman in Paris...

Yes. My comparison was with the jp6...