Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: NGD: SBMM St. Vincent

User Info Menu

NGD: SBMM St. Vincent

I have been obsessed with the St. Vincent since it was released last year, so when I heard that there would be an SBMM version, I knew that I had to have one. Lo and behold, blizzards be damned, it arrived yesterday and I could not be happier. It is beautiful and exceeds all of my expectations. (build quality, tonal range, aesthetics) Big Poppa, St. Vincent, Brian and everyone at EBMM and SBMM should be very proud of what they have accomplished. The design is unique and fresh while still being timeless. Its classic lineage is felt as soon as you pick it up (Firebird, Explorer, Strat, Jazzmaster, vintage Japanese) - and the blue/chrome and body contours are '69 Corvette Stingray through and through.

Did I say that I love the neck?... I love the neck!

A huge thanks to @petedubaldo. He was a pleasure to do business with. This was my first MM guitar, but definitely not my last. You have raised the bar.

Thanks for reading.

NGD: SBMM St. Vincent-1-jpgNGD: SBMM St. Vincent-2-jpgNGD: SBMM St. Vincent-3-jpgNGD: SBMM St. Vincent-4-jpgNGD: SBMM St. Vincent-5-jpg
    Last edited by Fender_Champ; 02-15-2017 at 06:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Congrats!!
    Great pics! Pretty amazing how close to the 'pro' version that looks.....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

We are exceptionally proud of that guitar! A lot of work went into making that one happen!

Congrats on that one!
    Brian Martin
    Former VP, Praxis Musical, 2012 - Jan 2018
    Product Guru All Things SBMM
    Brian.Xavier.Martin@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SBMM View Post
    We are exceptionally proud of that guitar! A lot of work went into making that one happen!

Congrats on that one!
    Brian, you should be proud. The build quality is stellar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Congrats!!
    Great pics! Pretty amazing how close to the 'pro' version that looks.....
    And feels! It also shipped with the simple, modern trem arm rather than the vintage style one that was in the press photos.

User Info Menu

Thanks so much! I really am proud of our entire new lineup.
    Brian Martin
    Former VP, Praxis Musical, 2012 - Jan 2018
    Product Guru All Things SBMM
    Brian.Xavier.Martin@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fender_Champ View Post
    I have been obsessed with the St. Vincent since it was released last year, so when I heard that there would be an SBMM version, I knew that I had to have one. Lo and behold, blizzards be damned, it arrived yesterday and I could not be happier. It is beautiful and exceeds all of my expectations. (build quality, tonal range, aesthetics) Big Poppa, St. Vincent, Brian and everyone at EBMM and SBMM should be very proud of what they have accomplished. The design is unique and fresh while still being timeless. Its classic lineage is felt as soon as you pick it up (Firebird, Explorer, Strat, Jazzmaster, vintage Japanese) - and the blue/chrome and body contours are '69 Corvette Stingray through and through.

Did I say that I love the neck?...let me repeat that, I love the neck!

A huge thanks to @petedubaldo. He was a pleasure to do business with. This was my first MM guitar, but definitely not be my last. You have raised the bar!

Thanks for reading.

That's fantastic! I'm glad you are happy with the guitar, and thank you for the order!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    That's fantastic! I'm glad you are happy with the guitar, and thank you for the order!
    Thank you Pete! And thanks for the extra goodies!

User Info Menu

That looks real nice - you made a good choice. Now to add a cutlass to the collection!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    That looks real nice - you made a good choice. Now to add a cutlass to the collection!
    Thanks....great minds think alike.

2017 SBMM St Vincent (Vincent Blue)
    2016 Fender Jazzmaster
    1965 Pleasant Dyko (Olympic White)
    1965 Univox Coily (Orange Sunburst)

User Info Menu

Congratulations, enjoy the brand-new instrument!!

I am wondering, could it be that the shape represents a lady's tuxedo or something similar? =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Tiger Eye (on its way)

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new guitar!

2009 25th Anniversary Artist Relations guitar