User Info Menu

Software?
    EBMM Stingray black
    EBMM Cutlass vintage turquoise
    Other stuff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankencat View Post
    Software?
    If I'm remembering correctly from when they came out the Majesty switching is Gamechanger technology but it's pre-set and you can't change it through software like you can on the Gamechanger. So I guess you could describe the Majesty as having a motherboard with software that controls the switching and the guitar.

User Info Menu

kgreenman21,

Did you solve your problem for good? I have the same *EXACT* problem as you, 100% exact symptoms. Tried reset, new batteries, everything. Looks like I am bound to send the guitar back to MM. Warranty looks like it will apply. Curious on the final diagnostic and remedy for your guitar?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kgreenman21 View Post
    Their customer service has actually been pretty solid via email so far. They've already produced an RMA along with shipping instructions. They pretty much told me that if it's a software issue, they'll take care of it, but I'll have to pay for any hardware replacements. That's fair and expected. I just hope it doesn't require much, but we'll see. I'll let you all know of any updates. I am going to try one more reset tonight. Another tech provided a different set of instructions.
    Can you share this new set of instructions? I have exactly the same problem as yours and tried doing the first reset you mentioned but no luck.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Does anyone know how the technology used in the Majesty series compares to the JP15? And are the schematics for these available anywhere?
    Frankly, I wouldn't want to rely on harnesses like this and would rather still consider pulling all this out and turning it into a dead simple passive circuit plus something that'll work with the piezo. I'm still very uncomfortable with the fact that I have to rely on batteries for basic tone and I don't need the boost (I've set mine to neutral at this point so I won't by mistake have it on for a clean setting which sounds awful).

User Info Menu

Just my two cents, but if you don't want the technology available in this guitar, then perhaps it isn't the right guitar for you. Get something from the JP line that's passive.

User Info Menu

AFAIK, the JP15 is similar to the other JP models. It has an active preamp, but it just drives the piezo and allows a boost for the magnetics. The switching itself is done using physical switches. With the majesty it uses the Gamechanger tech to make instant computer controlled switching.

I also think that getting a non-active JP model may be best.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Just my two cents, but if you don't want the technology available in this guitar, then perhaps it isn't the right guitar for you. Get something from the JP line that's passive.
    The guitar itself I like and it’s actually growing on me. I never bought a JP before because there were no maple necks/fretboards before. The JP15 was the first that spoke to me.
    I just have trust issues with the long term reliability of the complicated wiring and active parts.

User Info Menu

The solid state tech used in the JP15 and other "regular" active models is pretty bullet proof. It doesn't run on any type of software or have memory/etc. It just works, and it's pretty hard to break it without purposely trying to.

With the Majesty and Gamechanger, it's pretty much running software.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    The solid state tech used in the JP15 and other "regular" active models is pretty bullet proof. It doesn't run on any type of software or have memory/etc. It just works, and it's pretty hard to break it without purposely trying to.

With the Majesty and Gamechanger, it's pretty much running software.
    J

Thanks for the info. That actually answers my question a bit more. Are there any more details anywhere available how this actually works or any schematics for the respective models?

I read that part of the appeal on the digital (?) switching is the noiseless switching of pickups. Well, my new JP15 is actually dead silent so I was wondering what the approach was.