Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headstock crack, opinions wanted

User Info Menu

I'm starting to think the same thing. The more I look at it the more it looks like it's just the finish. It looks like it runs into the bare wood but there is a little finish right at the edge and it stops at that spot.

User Info Menu

I disagree. I think that there is a spot where it's a finish crack but that for sure looks like it's a wood crack near the curve at the base of the headstock. Those cracks at the neck pocket are much larger and appear deeper than a typical finish stress crack. They look like they are into the wood too. Either way unless GC gave a good discount I would return it as most people will pass on that if you try to resell it OR they will ask for a pretty heavy discount. Even the people here saying it's no issue.

User Info Menu

I got it for $499 so I think I did alright on it. I have no plans to sell it so if it needs repairs in the future I'll have them done.

User Info Menu

Those neck pocket cracks are larger that the usual EBMM cracks. Have a luthier look at it to verify the integrity of the neck joint.

2009 25th Anniversary Artist Relations guitar
    2006 20th Anniversary Silhouette