Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Does Dubaldo have this in stock?

All that AND stainless frets???

oh geez.....

Anybody want to buy a Bodhi Blue LIII?
    Where did you read this has stainless frets? Also wondering if the neck binding makes the neck a little wider..? Love my Starry Night! If I could change anything- would be larger stainless frets and the neck a wee bit wider so the high e didn't slide off the edge quite as easily- but nothing of a deal breaker on mine for sure- just being picky :-)

By the way have a set of Paradigms on the way to pair with my Luke- looking forward to trying them out...

Oh ok. The picture looked like it was actually there!

I thought it hadn't been released yet.

It says Stainless Frets right there.

Indeed! Cool. I have not seen that listed in any other descriptions. Nice find.

Anyone bite? I've played one at a local shop twice and I'm a bit obsessed. I've never played a Luke before that. Also, I'm curious if the neck ends up being wider with the binding and if the stainless frets are larger than the standard frets.

Thanks!

Rob03, can you send that question into customer service and check? I'd like to know. They are the source for the best answer. My Starry Night has "high profile wide" is what customer service told me. I asked if the Neptune Blue run had larger frets than mine and they said they should be the same size...

Funny you ask as I just logged in to report my findings. I called EBMM this morning and they did a little research and just emailed me. The frets are not stainless and are in fact standard nickel 0.047"w x 0.095"h. Although I think maybe the gentleman who emailed me from EBMM has his dimensions transposed.
    Last edited by rob303; 04-27-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Wow non-stainless. That's news. Did you ask about the binding and fretboard width?

I did not. Regarding the frets, he said those are the standard Luke frets. Is .097x.045 considered low profile, wide?

Either way, I've played this guitar a couple times over the past week and it's really amazing.

Not sure this helps- but from Warmoth:
    6130 .106" X .036" Low and wide. Sometimes called "Medium Jumbo" Many Gibson® necks
    6105 .095" X .047" Narrow and tall Very popular choice
    6150 .104" X .047" Wide and tall. The standard "Jumbo" Modern Fender American® necks

This one seems to be a bit more comprehensive:

Fretwire chart

Yes I've seen that. I was looking for common descriptors to match up wth sizing. Also I don't think that info you were given was correct? I saw M.Friend catalog yesterday advertising this model and it said stainless in the description. And the size you mentioned above I don't think is considered low wide like on the normal Luke's.

I agree the info is suspect. It is possible the spec changed after the marketing copy was drafted and distributed. But it seems we are left off where we started :-|

Just to update this thread. The fret size on m Starry Night Luke is .095 x .047 "narrow and tall" - stainless- I think the info you were give is wrong and the new Luke has the same size and stainless. Hope that helps.