Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops, I may have buffed a Majesty

Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Very impressive Mr. Pete.... looks fabulous! Love that styling!

"handles like a go cart" ??? hmmmm....
    I drove a '72 Celica for many years in my younger days, and that actually felt like a big go cart. Really loved & enjoyed that tiny car!
    Any old 'merican iron would require serious suspension mods and diet to come even close....
    My father and uncle rebuilt a GTO convertible that drove like Tron. (I grew up racing motorcycles and fast cars, so this is not a mythical rendering of the one cool car I ever saw.) I don't know what they did to it, but the only way those tires would let go was to stomp the brake, hold it, and hit the gas. There were lots of old Chevelles, Novas, and Camaros, a lot of them built to race (drag cars mostly), but that GTO was something else. Looked like it was a mile long, but felt like a small car when you were in it. Didn't have the bench portion of the backseat for long because they put the top down and hit the highway to see how fast it would go. Neither noticed that the wind sucked the seat out until they got back. Shiny black. Beautiful car.

And nice car, Pete! Well done.
    “You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” - Keith Richards

'14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25
    Suhr Corso
    Black Star HT-1
    Bad Cat 2x12

That Cuda is going to be great, Pete.

Did you sell your Duster?

2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button killswitch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    My father and uncle rebuilt a GTO convertible that drove like Tron. (I grew up racing motorcycles and fast cars, so this is not a mythical rendering of the one cool car I ever saw.) I don't know what they did to it, but the only way those tires would let go was to stomp the brake, hold it, and hit the gas. There were lots of old Chevelles, Novas, and Camaros, a lot of them built to race (drag cars mostly), but that GTO was something else. Looked like it was a mile long, but felt like a small car when you were in it. Didn't have the bench portion of the backseat for long because they put the top down and hit the highway to see how fast it would go. Neither noticed that the wind sucked the seat out until they got back. Shiny black. Beautiful car.

And nice car, Pete! Well done.
    Like!! ^^^
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    That Cuda is going to be great, Pete.

Did you sell your Duster?

Dart Sport, not a Duster yes that sold last June! The Cuda is pretty much finished so I was hoping to sell it at the big show here in town yesterday (+1,000 cars on the street in front of our store) but no bites as of yet. After 20 years in the car hobby I'm looking forward to getting out of it!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Well, yes. The rear floors, quarters, and rocker panels are all new sheet metal. The doors, fenders, hood, and trunk lid all came from different donor Barracudas. Essentially the only sheet metal original to this car is the front floor, the cowl, firewall, roof, and front/rear valence panels. I went through several tanks of argon w/ the welder.

We finished the buffing last week so I added the trim around the glass and took it for a drive over the weekend. It handles like a go-kart, and now has 44 miles on the odometer.

Quick picture

Attachment 31720
    Frankencuda?
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim View Post
    Frankencuda?
    Frankencuda von Brokenstein!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

"After 20 years in the car hobby I'm looking forward to getting out of it!"
    Very long story short, I totally understand this sentiment...

Back on track, any recent accidental buffings of EBMM's ??
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!