Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: JP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17

JP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17

Hi
    First of all,i would really like to thank Andy and Robin at Strings & Things
    Over the years i have heard a lot of nonsense talked from various reps about arranging meet and greets,which have come to nothing
    These two fine gentleman went out of their way to make sure my friend and i go to meet JP
    Robin even phoned us from his car on his way home to make sure we were on the guest list,which was a little frantic,and a few little squeaky bum moments,but it all turned out fine in the end

Big thanks to you both for making a dream come true!

The gig itself was just incredible..JP's playing was as ever phenomenal..His outro solo on Take the Time,was jaw dropping..Mangini is an incredible drummers,he has his critics,but the man is like an octopus,and to say he plays with no feeling or groove,see him live,he might make you change your mind..Everytime i see his videos,he always makes me want to take up drums!

Anyway concert over,and we sat for 10 minutes,and Brad comes out..Must be part of the tour management,and we went down to the catering room,which was a little like the kitchen in the shining.haha

Then JP comes in,and he is a lot smaller than i expected,obviously not in the arm department,haha

To be quite honest,i have become a little cynical with life in the past 6 years..I lost my aunt and then my dad to cancer within a year of each other,and i've never really recovered
    Meeting JP was the lift i needed..He is truly a wonderful,lovely and humble human being..I spoke to him about his new boogie,and i asked if he would sign my three scratch plates,which he did without hesitation,and when i told him i had three guitars,he was genuinely happy,and thanked me for buying them,which blew me away

We were talking about how light and resonant the majesty is without plugging in,and i get the idea that i could easily have talked to him for hours about guitar and his music..

He mentioned his guitar camp in august,and its his 50th,and his daughter is graduating,so he just wants to take it easy for a while

I am still on a natural high from meeting such a great man,who is as inspiring as a human being,as he is a musician and guitarist

People often say they are buying into a brand,when they buy a guitar,but with musicman,from the top,to the artists and the suppliers,there is still that family side to the business,the personal touch,which i feel is severely lacking in other guitar brands,and i know,because i work in a guitar store
    John is a great ambassador for musicman,and yes that why i have bought into the brand,because its not just take the money and run,its that personal touch,old values and traditions,that i admire

That wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Robin and Andy from Strings & Things,and lets just say this very cynical person had his faith restored in people

JP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jp-meet-jpgJP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jp-sig-jpgJP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Barry1977 View Post
    with musicman,from the top,to the artists and the suppliers,there is still that family side to the business,the personal touch,which i feel is severely lacking in other guitar brands
    This right here!

Kevin
    Curator of The Morseum

Top dollar paid for "First 50" Morses!

Wow what a killer experience! Congrats! JP is THE MAN for sure!! You hit the nail on the head with your description of MM and one of the reasons why they are so great!
    SBMM JV60 w/flame roasted maple neck/dealer split HB upgrade S/N SG34682
    SBMM S.U.B. AX4 Blue Quilt S/N B044964

Vox VT20+
    Zoom G3X
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

Great story!

And right on about the integrity and quality of character of EBMM, its owners and employees, and its artists!
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP

awesome story. Thanks for sharing

EBMM is nothing but a class act. Great JP story...Happy it worked for you..

Thanks everyone
    Im still blown away,that he thanked me in such a genuine way for buying his guitars
    I have had other meet and greets,with guitarists that shall not be named,and they had so little time for fans,who they should remember,without us,they would be nothing..A little courtesy,goes a long way

Two years ago,we had Albert Lee,doing an instore demo,and that man has played with so many great artists over the years
    Loved his story about Clapton..Basically one Clapton's entourage would come into a room with the band sat there,and he would say no,no,no,yes Albert he wants you for the next tour..If i remember rightly,he said he got through four tours that way
    Anyway,another lovely man,his play through of country boy was perfect..I wish i could play like him!
    He was also very humble,very gracious and happy to chat and sign memorabilia..
    Psychologically,it really makes a difference,when "famous people",are as down to earth as anybody else you meet,and it really is inspiring...
    I must say there are lots of great people on this forum too..Helpful and full of great knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Barry1977 View Post
    Hi
    First of all,i would really like to thank Andy and Robin at Strings & Things
    Over the years i have heard a lot of nonsense talked from various reps about arranging meet and greets,which have come to nothing
    These two fine gentleman went out of their way to make sure my friend and i go to meet JP
    Robin even phoned us from his car on his way home to make sure we were on the guest list,which was a little frantic,and a few little squeaky bum moments,but it all turned out fine in the end

Big thanks to you both for making a dream come true!

The gig itself was just incredible..JP's playing was as ever phenomenal..His outro solo on Take the Time,was jaw dropping..Mangini is an incredible drummers,he has his critics,but the man is like an octopus,and to say he plays with no feeling or groove,see him live,he might make you change your mind..Everytime i see his videos,he always makes me want to take up drums!

Anyway concert over,and we sat for 10 minutes,and Brad comes out..Must be part of the tour management,and we went down to the catering room,which was a little like the kitchen in the shining.haha

Then JP comes in,and he is a lot smaller than i expected,obviously not in the arm department,haha

To be quite honest,i have become a little cynical with life in the past 6 years..I lost my aunt and then my dad to cancer within a year of each other,and i've never really recovered
    Meeting JP was the lift i needed..He is truly a wonderful,lovely and humble human being..I spoke to him about his new boogie,and i asked if he would sign my three scratch plates,which he did without hesitation,and when i told him i had three guitars,he was genuinely happy,and thanked me for buying them,which blew me away

We were talking about how light and resonant the majesty is without plugging in,and i get the idea that i could easily have talked to him for hours about guitar and his music..

He mentioned his guitar camp in august,and its his 50th,and his daughter is graduating,so he just wants to take it easy for a while

I am still on a natural high from meeting such a great man,who is as inspiring as a human being,as he is a musician and guitarist

People often say they are buying into a brand,when they buy a guitar,but with musicman,from the top,to the artists and the suppliers,there is still that family side to the business,the personal touch,which i feel is severely lacking in other guitar brands,and i know,because i work in a guitar store
    John is a great ambassador for musicman,and yes that why i have bought into the brand,because its not just take the money and run,its that personal touch,old values and traditions,that i admire

That wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Robin and Andy from Strings & Things,and lets just say this very cynical person had his faith restored in people

JP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jp-meet-jpgJP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jp-sig-jpgJP Meet & Greet Manchester 19/4/17-jpg
    Wow! Very cool and touching experience. Thank-you for sharing. Impressive JP lineup as well!

I agree with you and you're right on the money regarding JP and Musicman, plus they both have stellar vision and expertise regarding creative new ideas for guitar building and improving the playing experience.

My Majesty, for which I have owned for two years now, continues to blow my mind daily. I have never had a guitar that did that for me. It really makes me a better player because it's so easy to play. Like JP states, It's designed to get out of your way and let the music and magic flow, and it completely does that.

I really could get rid of all my other guitars and be completely happy just playing the Majesty every day...