Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: NGD: 02 Petrucci Silver Sparkle

NGD: 02 Petrucci Silver Sparkle

I'll preface this by saying it's good (really good) to be back in the EBMM family. I sold both of my EBMMs back in 2011 I believe. Since then I've bought and sold way more guitars than I care to remember, mostly as a hobby but I also built my business on it as well. I recently had some major changes in my life and I've been re-evaluating many things that are important to me, putting music writing/composing as a higher priority. I have fond memories of my EBMMs and couldn't pass up the deal on this beauty.

So, here we have an '02 Petrucci in Silver Sparkle. My first JP and I still can't believe I bought it. I had always avoided the JP models - I didn't like the placement of the pickup switch, I thought the neck was too thin, and I normally don't like floating trems for daily use. I also wasn't a fan of the CrunchLab/Liquifire pickups for anything other than high gain metal. I bought this one with the intention of flipping it to fund an ASS, but once I got it and did a full setup on it, something strange happened..... I really liked it I think what really changed my mind is the pickups. These original custom Dimarzios are really versatile and sound great from clean to high gain and most things in between. I like them much better than the CL/LF and Illuminator pickups. The sparkly finish also helps and the fact that it's in mint condition for a 15 year old guitar. I'm still working through the neck shape and switch placement and trying to adjust my playing technique but so far I'm really digging this guitar. I bought a JP7 at the same time but that one is for sale so no need for an NGD. Same outstanding quality but I think my drop tune days are over.

Last edited by Jason2112; 05-02-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Congrats! That's the same finish as mine, and it rocks!
    Enjoy!
    Enjoy Your Balls!!!

Was this one on eBay a couple weeks ago? I was drooling over it but not currently in the market for more guitars
    SM standard vintage sunburst
    SMy2d purple sunset
    JP6 pearl red burst
    JP6 mystic dream
    JP6 desert gold
    JP6 autumn redrise
    JP6 blue dawn
    JP6 Cardinal red sparkle
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    Sterling JP100 liquid amber 1-off
    Stingray 4 honeyburst

Congratulations!! Very nice finish =)
    ERNIE BALL MUSIC MAN
    JPXI Cardinal Red
    JP12 Cherry Sugar
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso
    JPXVI 7 Black Lava
    NOMAC MAJESTY (on order)

Wow, looks like a great find in that condition! Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by savannah_sean View Post
    Was this one on eBay a couple weeks ago? I was drooling over it but not currently in the market for more guitars
    Yep. It took an extra week to get to me (lousy USPS) and I wanted to wait until I was sure it was a keeper before making the NGD post. Ended up in better shape than the seller mentioned.
    On the hunt for an AL HH....
    Red Star Guitars
    www.redstarguitars.com

Nice congrats!!!! Does it have any stress cracks at the neck pocket in the paint???

That's just the way I like em, natural headstock, very nice, very nice indeed, thanx for sharing.

Glenn |B)
    1. Silhouette Special in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    2. Silhouette Special in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/02] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    3. Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/01]
    4. Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/11] BFR

Gorgeous finish on that. Something beautiful about sparkly Balls...
    Proud Owner:
    2008 AL BFR
    2009 25th Anniversary: Maple/Maple-Trem
    2012 AL R'wood/Mahog MM90x3

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice congrats!!!! Does it have any stress cracks at the neck pocket in the paint???
    No cracks, no scratches, no dings. The body is perfect.
    On the hunt for an AL HH....
    Red Star Guitars
    www.redstarguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2112 View Post
    Yep. It took an extra week to get to me (lousy USPS) and I wanted to wait until I was sure it was a keeper before making the NGD post. Ended up in better shape than the seller mentioned.
    That's awesome. I've been trying to collect as many of the old sparkles as possible, they come up so rarely...until recently there was a black sparkle and this silver one. Congrats on the acquisition!
    SM standard vintage sunburst
    SMy2d purple sunset
    JP6 pearl red burst
    JP6 mystic dream
    JP6 desert gold
    JP6 autumn redrise
    JP6 blue dawn
    JP6 Cardinal red sparkle
    JP6 Gold Sparkle
    JP6 Starry Night
    Sterling JP100 liquid amber 1-off
    Stingray 4 honeyburst