Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need another ASS.

User Info Menu

Originally I felt the all rosewood was darker not acoustically but when plugged in. The hard tail-thru body adds something. Hard to describe. I didn't vibe with the AXIS pickups in the Rosewood model. I hated them. I know it's hard for some to accept. Initially I thought the rosewood contributed to making it sound dark, but I guess it's the nature of those pickups (primarily the neck pup) I threw in a set of Thornbuckers and never looked back. I like to "hear" a guitar if that makes sense. If you have a nice transparent clean tone where you can "hear" the guitar, then you 85% there. I feel low output pickups allow for that.

The trem AXIS is another animal. Not better/not worse. I think tonally the tremolo makes it bright but nothing extreme. The Music man trem block has some weight to it. I do however find that the strings feel looser on the tremolo version. Not a bad thing necessarily. I enjoy "shaking the chords". I'm glad to have both. I think they'll serve a purpose in my tool box. I wrote a post yesterday about modding the axis neck pickup. Search for I rescued my DiMarzio AXIS neck pickup. I'm still experimenting with it trying to give those pups a chance.

User Info Menu

Thank you. Any known issues with the rosewood necks?
    2016 Axis Super Sport Trans Gold w/ Maple Neck
    1997 Axis Sport HSS Kandy Lime w/ Maple Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nervous View Post
    None.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nervous View Post
    I've got a couple all-rosewood necks and they have been rock solid over the years.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I'm super curious about the all rosewood SS. I've seen a few, but the tops are a bit unappealing for me. However, the necks look gorgeous. I've read a lot of great feedback on here about the rosewood necks.

Great to see you've found your guitar after waiting all this time! Patience pays !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Awhitlock View Post
    I'm super curious about the all rosewood SS. I've seen a few, but the tops are a bit unappealing for me. However, the necks look gorgeous. I've read a lot of great feedback on here about the rosewood necks.

Great to see you've found your guitar after waiting all this time! Patience pays !
    I'd share a photo of mine, but for some reason I can't upload it. The thing about rosewood is it depends on the angle and light in which you view it. There's hints of black, chocolate, purple and if you get one with some sapwood, that's even better!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Krankit2Eleven View Post
    Oh that's the ticket right there!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Seriously- that's killer.