New Prodigy

Thread: FR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day

User Info Menu

FR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day

So I recently installed a tremolo stop on Charvel I had. Works as it should except the "click" you hear once it returns to the home position. I created a cheap fix for that. My secret is heat shrink tube. I can get various sizes for less than 5 bucks at a Chinese tool supplier. I use it for all sorts of guitar electronics but this seems to work best for the desired effect.

Cut a about 3/16 or less off of the tube. Apply it to the end of the thread so just a hair extends over the threads of the tremolo stop. Apply heat or use a cigarette lighter for a few seconds and Boom....problem solved. NO more "click" through your amp.

FR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day-img_20170509_134142-jpgFR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day-img_20170509_134429-jpgFR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day-img_20170509_134605-jpgFR Tremolo Stop Tip of the Day-img_20170509_134755-jpg

User Info Menu

Nifty trick. thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Solid idea.

User Info Menu

I use the same type trem stop. I just put a little round felt pad (with an adhesive back) on the trem block where the trem stop makes contact.
    Where's your Majesty?

User Info Menu

I guess there are 101 ways to do this. Whatever is handy works. It's all about having fun and getting creative!

User Info Menu

I have that exact same tremolo stop on all 4 of my JP models! Thanks for sharing.
    "The more of our stuff you have the more awesomely freaky you become." -- BP